WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a quick search and didn't find anybody posting about insurance, which boggles my mind.

called my homeowner's today to check my coverage limits, primarily due to my recent ball acquisition and the little blue box the wife is getting for christmas, basically wanted to make certain all of our valuables were covered. hasn't really been an issue before since my wife's precious jewelry and my wedding band are covered under a separate (jeweler's mutual) policy.

well, to make a long story short, i found out that my homeowner's covered up to $1k worth of watches, jewelry, precious metals etc. in short not even enough to cover the few pieces not currently on our jeweler's mutual policy.

so, just wanted to let folks know where i was at and see how everyone else is dealing with this. i'll be calling jeweler's mutual to add my watches to our separate jewelry policy and also calling my allstate agent monday to put a rider on my homeowners to increase the limit for the non-jeweler's mutual policy to ~$5k if they'll let me, or see what other options i've got.

anybody else insuring their valuables, or specifically their watches?

G

·
I have added a special clause to my household insurance for which I have to pay additional fee. I have to report the ins and outs to the insurance company to update the list and to get complete coverage.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I got a rider on my insurance to cover my Rolex many years ago. Today I no longer have the Rolex but still have the rider that has been amended to delete the Rolex and to add or delete watches as I change my collection. I'm covered to $10K which is adequate for my current line up. Runs about $50/year I think.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check with Jewlers Mutual. They even cover loss.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did a quick search and didn't find anybody posting about insurance, which boggles my mind.

called my homeowner's today to check my coverage limits, primarily due to my recent ball acquisition and the little blue box the wife is getting for christmas, basically wanted to make certain all of our valuables were covered. hasn't really been an issue before since my wife's precious jewelry and my wedding band are covered under a separate (jeweler's mutual) policy.

well, to make a long story short, i found out that my homeowner's covered up to $1k worth of watches, jewelry, precious metals etc. in short not even enough to cover the few pieces not currently on our jeweler's mutual policy.

so, just wanted to let folks know where i was at and see how everyone else is dealing with this. i'll be calling jeweler's mutual to add my watches to our separate jewelry policy and also calling my allstate agent monday to put a rider on my homeowners to increase the limit for the non-jeweler's mutual policy to ~$5k if they'll let me, or see what other options i've got.

anybody else insuring their valuables, or specifically their watches?
Check with Jewlers Mutual. They even cover loss.
you didn't bother to actually read my post, did you ;-) thanks for posting tho, they are a great company :-!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts