WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just a little curious, do you insure your collection and if so is it through your homeowners insurance or a separate policy /company?

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Insured/included through Homeowners Policy. ;-)|>

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Personal articles policy thru my insurance. Not homeowners.

Reactions: JeffreyVB and gaopa

·
Premium Member
Omega AT Day Date SS, Omega De Ville Trésor YG
4,044 Posts
Any news on that Alex?
Our police is wakening up only if someone got killed. Home theft? I don't think something will be done.

The most interesting part is how much I'll get back from insurance company.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm an insurance broker so mine are definitely insured! Usually cheaper and better cover on household insurance, but make sure you keep proof of purchase/valuations!

Edit: I'm in the UK... Not sure of the best options elsewhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I was just a little curious, do you insure your collection and if so is it through your homeowners insurance or a separate policy /company?
Personal articles policy which is mutually exclusive from the homeowners policy.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Yes, SIG & Smith&Wesson are the brokers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Added it to my homeowners policy. Have to pay about 1% per year on the value of the watch. Buys some peace of mind, as the Skyfall is my daily wearer.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I've heard they charge an arm and a leg....
True, but like watches "you get what you pay for".
.....they certainly can get cranky if needed

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
House insurance, but only my omegas all my vintage pieces are automatically in with the house insurance under a certain amount.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Separate from home. Jewelers mutual. Loss/theft/smashed all covered. Surprisingly "nuclear incident" is not covered.

But to answer the question, I didn't insure my PO, only items ~$10k or more for me.

·
Premium Member
32,946 Posts
Usually it's an additional rider on homeowners. Normal homeowners usually limited. I don't consider it worthwhile for omega just wife's main diamond.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
My watches are under my Metlife homeowners insurance, appraised and listed as scheduled items if the item is worth over $2,000 (so that's 3 Rolex and 4 Omega)

My $1,500 and under watches I left to fall under the general $10,000 coverage for watches and jewelry, with the homeowner's insurance.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts