WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this on ebay for 10 dollar bid. I saw it up for a few days and each time I saw it I said " That is a nice watch but nah..." It was missing case back and not running... Last day I went to my watch list and made the bid and won it. I got it and couldnt believe how nice shape it was in. Sure it was tarnished very badly but the case shows no brassing at all so I decided to tear into it. I cleaned and oiled the movement and put it back together and it started right up but ran fast. I put the regulator on all the way SLOW and now its keeping great time (for my jobs that is which means only off a minute or so after wearing it for 8-12 hours!)

The missing case back had me stumped though because what in the world could I use? Well I noticed the watch makers service marks was on the movement itself which gave me a clue that the back had been a crystal and it all made sense now! I quickly went to my crystal stash and found one that fit like a glove! After polishing the case and the crystal and putting a new band on it I think its one of my favorite watches now.

Who says this hobby is expensive? For 10 dollars I got enjoyment for a whole day fixing it and now I have the watch to enjoy for years to come.

BTW it is 31mm wide without counting the crown so almost my favorite size!

Please see pictures and enjoy. Any info on the brand or movement would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I know nothing about Integra, but I have to say its a beautiful watch and a great 10 buck catch. I also admire anyone who can fix their own watches. Just my 3 cents. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts