WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has anyone found an easy process to install an integrated strap? I have a couple of B-42's and both the leather and rubber integrated straps are difficult to install. The painful part is getting the barret tube to line up so it can go into the farthest lug. So far, the best method for me has been to insert a small phillips head screwdriver through the lug and into the tube and use elbow grease to get the tube to align with the hole, then push the screw through the tube (quickly) and let it push out the screwdriver. One would think it would be easy to change these straps! o|

This video shows what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU3Q_6Cd20I However, there is a metal tube inside of my integrated straps unlike in this video; so you cannot enlarge the hole as she is doing.

Cheers!

boTime

·
Registered
621 Posts
To be honest, I've never had much trouble with this.
I use my hands to hold the case and to push the strap end towards the case, while having an index finger free to push the tube through. Never had to widen the strap hole or had to use tweezers to do whatever they were doing at the exit end.
Just make sure the locking lug is lining up before pushing through.
You do need to push the strap forcefully towards the case to get the tube to line up with the holes though.
Never used a hammer like in the video.

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight, Pete! The two rubber straps both have inner tubes which seem to be the issue for me. I'm sure it is just a learning curve; I've only changed them about three times. The hammer approach in the video is a hoot!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have found that most leather straps when new are pretty tight for the lug tube to fit. Inserting a screw driver into the slot of the strap and stretching it will make things easier.

Sometimes just eyeballing where the notch is at can make it pretty simple. But I see your point of using a screw driver on the other end to help with the strap alignment.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, regarding aligning the barret tube with the notch in the case, I use a fine point Sharpie to put a dot on the case where the notch is and another on the barret tube where it is elongated. That way, if the barret tube should twist while performing this operation it is easy to align.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts