WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Fr. John, Zidane, and I have been discussing wanting to set up a GTG and I've decided to try to spearhead it a bit. This won't be as stylish or...as...great...as Sam's, but there will be watches and beer. So...good night in my book.

The date we're shooting for is Friday, June 20th. I had a fantastic experience today buying an X-33 (woohoo!) from a jewelry store in Buford that is an AD for Omega, Tag Heuer, Rolex, Breitling, Concord, and Baume et Mercier. I'm going to contact them and see if it would be possible for us to stop in for a bit and fondle some pieces if y'all have a desire for that.

Dinner will follow, probably at a generic family joint like Applebee's or Chili's around 7:30 or so.

So...questions, comments? Suggestions? Ideally I'd like to get this going more often than every 6 months or so. I'd like to get a monthly or bi-monthly meeting set-up so we can get some real camaraderie going on.

Tell your friends and PM me with any personal comments or donations. :D

I'm posting this in Omega simply because the people I know personally frequent this forum. This is certainly not limited to Omega fans.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I'm game.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I should be able to make it.
That's great, Ryan. I didn't have a chance to talk to you at the last GTG. I'll let you buy me a beer, just to show I'm a good sport. :)

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Who's bringin the VO? Me? OK, I'll be there...............................David

·
1,124 Posts
We have vacation scheduled for that week. I'll be there if we don't go.

Jan, the Watchwidow, has outpatient surgery on a herniated disk tomorrow morning. She hurt it about three weeks ago and has been unable to stand for more than 10-20 minutes -- on a good day. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thus, we don't know what our travel plans will be.

Sam aka Hewybaby

·
6,880 Posts
Heck yea! Im down. I will have started my new job by then so I'll be fighting traffic to make it but I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Sam, I feel her pain. Hope she has a full recovery. As far as a GTG, yeah, if we are all staying at the SAMADAY INN, I'm on it. :). Don't worry Sam, we wouldn't do you that way. Besides, my birthday is in a few days, and many of us may not survive it.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Sam, I pray that all goes well with Jan today. Val is also going in for another cardiovascular procedure this morning.

GB!

Fr. John+

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Best of luck to Jan and Val, better halves of Sam and Fr. John, respectfully. I'm betting on more than the horse race tomorrow!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I really wish I could be there, but I'll be on vacation as well.

Sam, I hope Jan gets well soon!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi guys,

Now I know why Sam has been suggesting the trip might be too much for me to take. He would love to make the GTG, but I am going to do my best to make him get to the beach for my family's annual reunion. Of course, if you guys want to stay at our house, "we'll leave a light on" and a key under the three ton rock to the left of the door.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers today with my surgery. I am home and plan to make a super fast recovery. Sam has been sweet and very attentive so I may stay sickly for another couple of days. By the way, if anyone wants to get me a nice present, ..... Percocet would be great.

Talk to you later, I'm off to lala land. It's an amazing place where I look great in a bikini. :-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d (If I could LOL right now, I would.)

Jan

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
By the way, if anyone wants to get me a nice present, ..... Percocet would be great.

Hey Jan, glad your spirits are up. Kelly is at home now recovering from some surgery. She's got some Percocet. I'll swap you some Percocet for a fifth of Woodford Reserve. The WR is for me. Being a nurse it TOUGH. Hope you get better soon. - David

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Jan, glad your spirits are up. Kelly is at home now recovering from some surgery. She's got some Percocet. I'll swap you some Percocet for a fifth of Woodford Reserve. The WR is for me. Being a nurse it TOUGH. Hope you get better soon. - David
David, you funny man. First rule of nursing: DON'T TAKE YOUR PATIENT'S PERCOCET. (You better get well soon, Kelly) Besides, Sam knows the alcohol. Woodford Reserve sounds like a swanky subdivision, to me.

You're right. Being a nurse is tough. Best, worst, hardest, happiest, saddest job I ever loved. Good luck and watch your back... literally. - Jan

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
A speedy recovery for Kelly! You guys are too young for that stuff.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay guys...mark your calendars for this one. We've got enough interest to move forward. I will update this thread tomorrow with the details as I set up reservations. Either way, a bunch of watch geeks will be sitting around somewhere talking watches on June 20th in Buford, GA! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wish I could make it. HMMM to make it to Buford from Woodstock in Friday rush hour I would have to leave Thursday morning? I look forward to all the pictures and have a great time. (bad pun, sorry)
best,
ticketgeorge

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I stopped by Tara Jewelers in Buford this morning and must admit that I was impressed by what I saw. It was a very store with the watches off in their own "salon".

The Rolex/Cellini line was added about three weeks ago and the selection was very nice although no black "M"/3186 EXPII was present. Breitling, TAG, Baume & Mercier, Omega, Concord, Gucci, and Mont Blanc were also well represented.

The staff was very friendly and seems excited about our upcoming visit.

All in all, it was a refreshing experience.

Fr. John+

1 - 20 of 43 Posts