WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Window shopping an eBay auction for the SBDX007 I was interested to see that the case back has a provision for engraving personal data: name, nationality, birthday, and blood type. Does anyone here own this model? If so, have you had this info completed? Do Japanese dealers offer this service, or is it strictly after-market? Never seen this before; it's a cool idea.B-) I want one!:)

(eBay link for info only. I trust this is allowed.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SEIKO-PROSP...6QQihZ016QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
is that guy watch-tanaka? otherwise, he is ripping off the pic from watch-tanaka's web site :-| :rodekaart O|

i think all Landmaster has a simular 1 piece caseback like that. i've never engraved the caseback of mine (past and present) just in case i need to re-sale it :-D (though i have no intention of selling mine)

·
Registered
37 Posts
That guy is one of the few sellers of new Stax headphones on eBay. I never even noticed he carried Seikos!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that guy watch-tanaka? otherwise, he is ripping off the pic from watch-tanaka's web site :-| :rodekaart O|

i think all Landmaster has a simular 1 piece caseback like that. i've never engraved the caseback of mine (past and present) just in case i need to re-sale it :-D (though i have no intention of selling mine)
No idea who the guy is, although I hope he is not ripping someone else off. I've only ever used Katsu-san myself.

Engraving would of course affect re-sale potential...but who in their right mind would sell such a cool Seiko???!!!:-X

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
but who in their right mind would sell such a cool Seiko???!!!:-X
i did ... twice :-D

i have owned both SBDX007 and SBDX009 before. but both were sold off and now i have a SBDW005 (5M65 Kinetic). IMO, the SBDW005 is more of a "Landmaster" than the SBDX007 or SBDX009, cause it has all their time-telling features/functions, plus: a GMT hand, slightly smaller/lighter and lower profile, and also feature a reliable kinetic movement (no winding needed).

the SBDX009 is just too beautiful to wear it all the times. SBDX007 is good for wear, just that the SBDW005 is easier to wear. the case finish of SBDW005 hold up pretty good, but the bracelet of mine already has plenty of *character marks* :)

SBDX007/SBDX009 may be better watches, SBDW005 is a better "Landmaster" ;-) (IMO, your milage may vary)

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
I have the Sbdx007 LandMaster but don't know who would do the engraving on it, mine is without it.

It has a similar case back to the 300meter MarineMaster, but the MM does not have the places marked for that info.

I really love the LandMaster but that Ebay auction is really asking a lot for one, WOW!

I am getting a SBDB001 600 Meter Marine Master Spring Drive for a Christmas present and it is a very difficult wait. It has a screw on case back with out those data spaces.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
show us the result :-!

i think i've seen a pic or 2 of an engraved caseback before, but can't find them anymore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts