WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Interesting. I supposed it could have been redialed. If not, this is the kind of thing that sends Omegamaniacs into a tizzy!

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I'm looking at the red background surrounding the Omega symbol near top of the dial. If that's simply a painted red background, and not a shiny (enamel?), raised red area in which the Omega symbol is integral, then I'd guess it's a redial. It looks painted in the photo, but hard to tell with certainty.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that's simply a painted red background, and not a shiny (enamel?), raised red area in which the Omega symbol is integral, then I'd guess it's a redial. It looks painted in the photo, but hard to tell with certainty.
Mine is painted ...

... and I have good reason to believe that it's original.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Ah - great! I learned something new. I had thought the red backgrounds were all applied markers. Seems like they were applied on the gold only. Thanks for clarifying, Bruce.

I can't recall the specifics, but at some point wasn't Omega not allowed to use the word "Constellation" on watches for sale in certain countries? I thought that was in the 50s, though.

-Craig

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't recall the specifics, but at some point wasn't Omega not allowed to use the word "Constellation" on watches for sale in certain countries? I thought that was in the 50s, though.
You have it right, Craig. Here's a link to one of Desmond's (mondodec's) excellent articles:

Constellation name

Resolved in '56 per this article, so it couldn't explain the absence on this Electroquartz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts