WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The watch arrived today, 11 calendar days from when I made the purchase. Great service from the seller, and the EMS shipping for $15 was well worth it. Actual pics are below; review to follow in the next few days once I'm done building my motorcycle. I have the watch on my 22mm shell cordovan strap from Myron in MI (a guy a highly recommend doing business with for your strap needs) and it feels great. Initial impressions all around are extremely positive on this watch but I want to give this a few days to see if any problems emerge (so far so good though!).

Fashion accessory Technology Font Computer keyboard Jewellery
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Killing some time browsing eBay brought me to a few listings for a new Parnis design that I am absolutely blown away by. I wondered how long it would take Parnis to pay homage to B&R's BR123. This is pretty close, with a hint of Sinn in the dial design. I'm really digging the overall aesthetic, and I like that it has screw in bars. It didn't take long for me to be pushed to order one in stainless although it was a tough choice with the matte black PVD finish also available. The seller informed me this is powered by the ST2551 and that no display case back is available for now. Hopefully a display case back can be bought separately somehow. I placed my order yesterday, and I will add real wrist shots once it arrives along with a review.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Strap Watch accessory Fashion accessory

*Sorry that the photos have the eBay seller's watermark but they are the only photos I could find of this watch on the net.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
i seen this on ebay but only from this seller, i had problems with buying from him, wondering if it will shop up at the parnis websites

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
very nice !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What problems did you have with this seller? My experience so far has been good, I got my EMS tracking number a day after I paid. But if you had issues I'd like to know so I'm prepared :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
i shipped registered air mail, and some how china post handed it of to swiss post and it took 2 full months to get the watch and no tracking working, the watch was a dud, and he wanted me to pay to ship him back the watch, in canada the post is very high, and with tracking number it cost half as much of the parnis. why should i be paying that, it was his fault he sent a defective watch, anyway went through paypal got my money back.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i shipped registered air mail, and some how china post handed it of to swiss post and it took 2 full months to get the watch and no tracking working, the watch was a dud, and he wanted me to pay to ship him back the watch, in canada the post is very high, and with tracking number it cost half as much of the parnis. why should i be paying that, it was his fault he sent a defective watch, anyway went through paypal got my money back.
I had the same experience (probably with the same seller under a different name): Swiss post, extremely delayed delivery, defective Parnis, "unhelpful" warranty support. Didn't get any money back however.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yikes. Well, hopefully I have better luck. I had the watch shipped EMS (from experience, it's the way to go from China) and I had him state clearly that he will pay the shipping on returns. I have that statement safely tucked away in my eBay inbox.

I'll create a new thread once it gets here and I've had a chance to wear it for a few days. Thanks for the likes!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I have bought 2 Parnis('s?) from this seller. The first one I received the winding stem was detached. exchanged for another watch was smooth, and relatively quick. I bought a second watch form him few moth ago, no issues. I like the sandwich dial on this pilot. I might grab one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been eyeing these for a few weeks. Not a huge fan of the yellow and "Parnis". Tossing up ordering one plus a sterile dial to swap in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sandwich dial and fat hands might be easy to repaint and the Parnis logo should come off with some light work (Qtip and alcohol I believe). At least, this is what I'm hoping for in case I hate the yellow :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Small update on the unit I bought, in case anyone is contemplating buying from this seller: The package went directly from the origin in China to Vancouver, the first port of entry into Canada. It seems using EMS cuts down on the risk of a circuitous shipping route.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Small update on the unit I bought, in case anyone is contemplating buying from this seller: The package went directly from the origin in China to Vancouver, the first port of entry into Canada. It seems using EMS cuts down on the risk of a circuitous shipping route.
I like the sounds of that, I'm in Vancouver. How long did that take?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I made the purchase May 4th, it was shipped on the 5th, arrived in Vancouver and was released from customs on the 7th. Pretty darn quick if you're already on the left coast.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for the lack of the review. I've been up to my elbows in a motorcycle restoration and I haven't been sleeping much as a result. I will say I am incredibly happy with the watch so far. It keeps very, very good time and looks awesome on an upgraded strap (Meyerhofer natural shell cordovan from Germany). I bought some white lume paint to redo the hands and dial with - the review will come after that is done. I'm sure anyone looking for a modern pilot will love this as much as I do.

Watch Fashion accessory Photography Still life photography Watch accessory
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Green Black Light Font Neon

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
looks really nice on the strap, was is the case diameter of this watch ?, and where did you pick up the strap, nice combination!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts