WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sponsor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if you don’t realize it, everything you own tells a story. You may not know what that story is, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. It may be a piece of history, a family heirloom, or even something new. Everything you buy has something to say and we think it’s time we start listening. Owning something that embodies a piece of history is a powerful thing that allows you to carry something with you beyond superficial beauty. That’s why we love Vintage French Ammo watch straps. CLICK HERE to read entire article...

PAM 2.jpg

French Ammo Pouch Strap - Main Lo Res.jpg

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Yeah, I read that article and it was interesting.

Question: Is the leather used for the ammo pouches/watch bands treated in some manner to make it more durable to the elements, or is it simply an artifact of being thicker and therefore taking longer to deteriorate?

We worry a lot about getting leather wet, and perhaps rightfully so, but I'm always a bit surprised then to learn that leather is used in products (eg. ammo pouches) that are sure to be exposed to water.

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
Thanks for the article on the Vintage French Ammo watch straps. The straps to be of solidly crafted and stiched.

One question, what would be the advantage of using Venetian cream over Mink oil on a leather strap?

·
Sponsor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I read that article and it was interesting.

Question: Is the leather used for the ammo pouches/watch bands treated in some manner to make it more durable to the elements, or is it simply an artifact of being thicker and therefore taking longer to deteriorate?

We worry a lot about getting leather wet, and perhaps rightfully so, but I'm always a bit surprised then to learn that leather is used in products (eg. ammo pouches) that are sure to be exposed to water.
It is military grade leather and a military grade product that is made to last. They do very well with water use and the daily use and abuse from the grind of an active lifestyle.

·
Sponsor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the article on the Vintage French Ammo watch straps. The straps to be of solidly crafted and stiched.

One question, what would be the advantage of using Venetian cream over Mink oil on a leather strap?
We do not sell Mink Oil so we are not super familiar with it and we would not be the best to comment on that vs Venetian Cream. We know, use, sell and love Venetian Cream on a daily basis and it is a phenomenal product! You will be fine using that on just about any leather out there minus suede/nubuck/synethetic types. We hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts