WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure the buff's will be familiar with this but the rest of us may not have seen it before.

I think it was sold in the Japanese market in the late 90s to commemorate the Apollo IX mission.

I'd be interested to know what movement was shipped with this model.

Not a bad looking Speedmaster! (Click watch for a bigger image)

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Interesting Speedmaster: Gemini IX

Nope, not bad at all! Though, this one actually commemorates Gemini IX, rather than Apollo IX.
(Don't worry; I get all those mission patches confused, too).

This is one of 22 LE pieces from the Mission Series, released in '97. The all housed the standard, classic Lemania c.1861.

One lucky guy posted about his, which he received as a graduation present. Not a bad gift, I'd say.
forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=87504#poststop

As you said, this one, as well as the rest of the Mission Series are very interesting pieces by themselves, but just think of those 40 fortunate folks who own the full sets!

By the way, Steve has a great Omega "Speedmaster Missions" pamphlet hosted on his most excellent old-omegas.com. You can view it here.

Thanks for sharing!

eric

G

·
I'm sure the buff's will be familiar with this but the rest of us may not have seen it before.

I think it was sold in the Japanese market in the late 90s to commemorate the Apollo IX mission.

I'd be interested to know what movement was shipped with this model.

Not a bad looking Speedmaster! (Click watch for a bigger image)

actually that is a gemini 9 ,not apollo 9 missions speedmaster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts