WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting time for Nite Watches as they expand ever more into the dress watch market whilst maintaining and utilising what they've learnt from the military/tactical watch market.

nite-image001.jpg

Clarity of vision and being able to read your watch at all times of the day is a function that can be applied to every person and not just for military watches and so, hopefully their ICON watches, and especially these T100 models, aim to answer that most basic of needs.

The ICON just got brighter

Nite Watches are excited to announce the release of 2 new models to the ICON series which will incorporate T100 GTLS illumination.

The Nite Watches ICON series was released earlier in 2014 with 5 different models utilising T25 GTLS illumination. The ICON-201 T100 comes in a black PVD stainless steel case whilst the ICON-209 T100 comes in a brushed stainless steel case. Both models come with the option of a leather strap or metal bracelet and feature Swiss GTLS technology, K1 mineral glass, Swiss Ronda Quartz movement and a screw down crown.

Nite Watches ICON-209L T100 dramatic.jpg Nite Watches ICON-209L T100 hero.jpg

Watches utilising T100 GTLS illumination technology have for too long been the preserve of tactical military watches. By bringing exceptional night time clarity to a traditionally designed dress watch, we at Nite Watches believe that these are two of the most elegant watches in the world incorporating T100 GTLS illumination.
Roger Green, Founder of Nite Watches.

Tech Spec:
o CRYSTAL - K1 Mineral
o GTLS - Hands and Dial
o MOVEMENT - Swiss Ronda 515
o CROWN TYPE - Screw Down
o DIAL DIAMETER - 38mm
o CASE DIAMETER - 44mm
o CASE DEPTH - 12.1mm
o WEIGHT - 180g (bracelet model) 80g (leather strap model)
o WATER RESISTANCE - 100 meters

Price:

With leather strap - £320
With metal bracelet - £400

Please visit Military, Adventure & Sports Watches | Nite Watches for more information.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
I would not view these as a deviance from the Military watch genre. None are truly dressy.

Reactions: little big feather

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
I've gone through the catalog on their site and this is the only model and configuration that could remotely be called dressy. It still has a military dial configuration just with a more polished look:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I looked at Nite watches when I was searching for something with good lume. They certainly have that. Even with the new lineup, there are two problems for me. The first is the lack of a US sales outlet. I just do not want to deal with anything from abroad entering the unknowable innards of US Customs. The second is the mineral glass crystals. I prefer sapphire, which I have never, in forty years, had scratch, or at least acrylic, which can be polished. Mineral glass of any type is, in my experience, an unfixable scratch magnet. I hope Nite is hearing enough similar comments to consider addressing these problems, because they otherwise have interesting products.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I would not view these as a deviance from the Military watch genre. None are truly dressy.
Can you imagine somebody wearing these in a typical dress-watch situation? If somebody wore this to the opera, the lume would be visible from the stage!

At least you could read your program notes! b-)

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
I like the look of the ICON-209S T100, but nearly $600 for a quartz and mineral crystal is too high.

Reactions: joepac

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
These are being considered dress watches? Tell me another good one! If you want a true dress watch with GTLS, Ball is where it's at.

·
Registered
256 Posts
love the look but it really needs a saphire crystal to get my money.

Reactions: mozatihom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Godan,

Thanks for your comments and hopefully you don't mind us replying.

Firstly, we can completely understand about the US Customs comment. It is extremely rare that we will ever get US customers notifying us of any issues with customs.

Secondly, in regards to the Sapphire Crystal, this is something that we utilise on a number of our different series such as the MX10, NATO, CHRONO, VISION and AQUA. However, with the larger dial diameter of the ICON, it was felt that the added shatter-proof benefits of K1 Mineral better suited this series. Obviously, each individual has their preferences and that will always be the case but we have ensured that the K1 Mineral used is of the highest quality and have a video on Youtube page of us doing a scratch test comparison to show the resilience of the K1 Mineral.

Thank you very much for your feedback as it is most definitely welcomed and hopefully we have helped answer your questions.
Nite Watches

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Godan,

Thanks for your comments and hopefully you don't mind us replying.

Firstly, we can completely understand about the US Customs comment. It is extremely rare that we will ever get US customers notifying us of any issues with customs.

Secondly, in regards to the Sapphire Crystal, this is something that we utilise on a number of our different series such as the MX10, NATO, CHRONO, VISION and AQUA. However, with the larger dial diameter of the ICON, it was felt that the added shatter-proof benefits of K1 Mineral better suited this series. Obviously, each individual has their preferences and that will always be the case but we have ensured that the K1 Mineral used is of the highest quality and have a video on Youtube page of us doing a scratch test comparison to show the resilience of the K1 Mineral.

Thank you very much for your feedback as it is most definitely welcomed and hopefully we have helped answer your questions.
Nite Watches
Thanks for the substantive reply. I buy watches, vintage pens and similar items from abroad often. The time through US Customs is always different and always unknowable. Yes, usually it works, but tracking is essentially turned off while Customs has the item. A small watch manufacturer in continental Europe told me they always ship FedEx which seems to push items through customs more quickly.

My dislike of mineral glass is viseral. If someone could formulate a version of the glass that can be polished, like acrylic - or create a polishing medium that would work on existing forms of glass - the problem would go away. As things are now, when I have a new watch with mineral glass, I immediately cover the crystal with a carefully-fitted disc of cell phone screen protector. That seems to work and can be replaced. Of course, manufacturers could also raise the bezel around the crystal - like G-Shocks.

I think you are a good company with interesting products. Good luck.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,482 Posts
Can you imagine somebody wearing these in a typical dress-watch situation? If somebody wore this to the opera, the lume would be visible from the stage!

At least you could read your program notes! b-)
Lol! Although the bright glow could illuminate a program after the lights dim.
Still the watches are interesting.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not understanding how the term "dress watch" is being used here.

Besides that, they are simply too big at 44mm.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Wow I was extremely excited when i saw this watch, looks beautiful, reminds me of the Ball Aviator. But then I saw the word QUARTZ..Bummer !!!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Like everyone else stated, way too big and cluttered dial to be a dressy watch. Also stated, wearing this to formal events that are in dark environments can be distracting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think that mineral watch crystals get a bad rap. If you have ever broken your sapphire crystal you would think differently about mineral. I think that the guys at Nite are probably using mineral because of their military watch expertise. Military specifications often require mineral crystals because they are far more durable than sapphire and while they do offer slightly less resistance to scratching it is their strength that is preferred.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts