WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I purchased and received (7 days later) from International Watchman a number of straps. This is a short review. Sorry for no pics, but Im tech challenged.

1. GT-Carrerra Blk-Orange 22mm: http://www.internationalwatchman.com/2009watchbands/gtcarreraIV.html

I put it on my Ornage Vostok Ministry case and it looks awesome! The buckle is thick/wide and hily polished so it matches the polished ministry case very well. The band is comfortingly thick and looks great. I have 8 inch wrists and the band is comfortably short - I buckle it at the third hole from the end, which leaves just enough tail to stay under the two keepers. An awesome strap for the money. I really like the quality.

2. Alligator Calf, tobacco, 19 mm, gold buckle: http://www.internationalwatchman.com/leather/ALLIGATORCALF.html

I put this on a TT Seiko chronograph I wanted to dress up a little and it delivers, Big time. This is not an expensive strap ($6!) but it looks and feels great. I cannot tell if this is alligator or stamped leather. I Don't know and I don't care. The strap is not paper thin, bit is definetly dress watch thick. The gold plated buckle is sort of big for a thin, dress band such as this, but not grossly so. The plating looks even and thick. TIme will tell how it holds up I suppose. Unfortunately, on 8 inch wrists the band is almost too short. I have it on the second to last hole and the remaining tail is almost too short to stay under the second keeper. Almost. It's actually fine, but if you have 8.25 wrists, its probably going to be too short for you, depending on the length of the watches lugs.

4. GT-3 Oily, tobacco with white stitch, 22mm http://www.internationalwatchman.com/leather/GTSTRAPSOILY.html

I purchased this strap to put on my orange Vostok, but I like the GT Carrerra so much that I have not yet bothered. However, I can tell that this strap, like the others, is a little on the shorter side for 8 inch wrists. It's a good thing it's beautiful! The buckle is the same rich, thick, chromed looking affair of the GT and looks expensive. The leather is not thick, but almost dress watch thin. Not a bad thing, just an observation. The sides and holes of this strap are neatly finsihed and the stitching is neat and even. The holes for the spring bars on the one I received are fairly big, and would accomodate the thicker Seiko sprng bars easily. I may buy one in black for my SKX007.

4. Zulu, black with orange stripe, 22 mm AND 18mm http://www.internationalwatchman.com/milstraps/1pczulustripedss.html

Another pruchase for my Vostok AND I bought one for my wife's (incoming) orange regular Vostok Amphipian. The nylon is thick and heafty. The hardware is polished stainless steel, but not higly polished so that it looks like chrome (unlike the Carrera strap and the GT straps' buckles). The orange stripe on the 18mm is the same width as on the 22 mm, the 22mm strap just has more black. So actually, in my opinion, the 18mm strap is better balanced, colorwise. Unlike the leather straps, these zulus appear to be plenty long for 8 inch wrists - not over a dive suit long, but long enough to accomodate a watch and up to 8.5 inches of wrist, with adequate tail left over to tuck into the keepers. The hardware for the 18mm strap is smaller than for the 22mm strap, which is a nice attention to detail.

Overall, I am very happy with these purchases, especially for the prices. It's nice to know that at least SOME part of this hobby is not hard on my wallet. I will buy more straps from this seller.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have purchased a number of straps from International Watchman and have been completely satisfied. I have a Bond Zulu, Matte Buffalo Breitling, and 2 Hamilton Khaki bands from them and they all look and feel great. Plus, Ron is a pleasure to talk to. You need to call to order, but this turns out to be a perk rather than a pain when you get Ron on the phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts