WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to pickup an Intra-matic and make it my daily wear watch, but I don't want to wear it on the bracelet or the black strap. I usually wear jeans and a nice shirt with nice boots and a matching belt to work, so I'm thinking it's already a stretch to pull this off but I like the watch and that's what I'm going to do. Does anyone have any pics of the watch on something a bit more casual? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Just looking for pics of the intra-matic on something other than a flat black strap or the bracelet.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I love my Intra-matric 38mm but I would like to change it's style. I was thinking that a padded brown strap or an inexpensive mesh might do the trick. If I take the dive and switch it up, I'll post a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I believe @atdegs has his on a great tweed-looking strap. Maybe he'll chime in with some photos. It looks pretty sharp.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perloin is something I haven't experimented with yet, but that herringbone strap is interesting. Can't decide if I like it or hate it, but as it's reasonably priced it may be worth a try.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Check out Colareb straps. Especially the Venezia line from them. Great quality and very comfortable. Colareb.it

If your in the U.S.A. you can order from Holbens

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
If people in general speak their minds here, which I think they do, I've gotten nothing but good feedback on it. I would love to find one of their beige and blue models as well someday. Oh, and unlike almost all other Hodinkee straps, this one comes with quick release bars. They aren't some people's speed, but I love them.

Perloin is something I haven't experimented with yet, but that herringbone strap is interesting. Can't decide if I like it or hate it, but as it's reasonably priced it may be worth a try.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had read many times that this one wouldn't look appropriate dressed down, so I committed to do just that. I have a 1960s Venus that I love for the period appearance, but for daily wear I wanted something of more modern and robust in construction. There's not much out there that fits the description.
I wanted a watch that could be worn regularly without occasion but that wouldn't suffer in appearance because of it. I bought an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (quartz) a year ago and while it looks great I find myself not wearing it so much as I don't want it collecting scratches. I can take care of the polished surfaces but a scratch or rub on any brushed facet is beyond my ability to correct to perfection. Enter the intra-matic. It has the vibe I'm so fond of the Venus for, I'm not rough enough to hurt the sapphire, and every surface is polished stainless steel, so five minutes with a Cape Cod cloth restores the shine and calms my OCD.
The Rios strap arrived yesterday and is impressive in both appearance and construction. I have shell cordovan from Nomos and Fluco but the Rios is every bit as attractive and appears well built. It's slightly thicker so at this point I'm not sure if it's going to be too much for the slim lines of the Hamilton, but we'll find out tonight. I'll post pictures once it's installed.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That looks really good. Tones down the dressiness some without looking inappropriate. Well done. I'd probably still have my Intramatic if I had tried that strap.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For anyone on the fence about being able to pull off casual with an Intra-matic, here it is with flannel and jeans on an old strap I had. I really like the way the dial seems to absorb a bit of the strap color, helping everything blend nicely. I’ll keep posting pics as I play around and find combinations I think are attractive.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 160 Posts