WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Vendor
14,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wow, was this a hard secret to keep in 2018, but we're finally ready to lift the lid on one of our favorite TOPPER Editions to date. Presenting the Seiko Prospex SPB107 Diver; a thoroughly modern evolution of the Prospex DNA from 1968's groundbreaking 6159 Hi-Beat Diver.

Seiko USA has yet to officially partner with, and design a watch for a North American-based retailer, so it was a unique honor for TOPPER that we were able to co-design such an interesting piece with one of the world's foremost watch manufacturers. Of course, the case silhouette should look familiar to fans of last years immensely popular SPB077/099 editions. However, unlike either of those standard-issue models, this new Limited Edition heeds a series of unique design codes specially selected by Topper and Seiko Watches USA with the collective goal of yielding an entirely new reference in the Seiko family that should slot neatly alongside the fan-favorite 'Darth Tuna' and 'Ninja Turtle' Prospex models.

Most immediately apparent, is how this special Limited Edition is finished in a super-hard black coating, lending the watch a stealthy, monochromatic on-wrist aesthetic. But a closer look reveals other thoughtful touches; like a date wheel color-matched to the black dial, and a bright orange-tipped seconds hand to balance the Prospex diver's signature lumed counterweight. This Japan-made diver is finished with two other key signatures: an ultra-soft silicone diver's strap with a re-designed Prospex pin buckle, and Seiko's 6R15 movement, which delivers better accuracy and a longer power reserve (over 50 hours) over the 4R36 movement utilized on many Prospex watches.

Seiko Prospex TOPPER Edition Diver Specs:
• Reference: SPB107
• Manufacture: Japan
• Dimensions: 44mm x 13.1mm (W x H), 20mm lugs
• Case: super hard black coated stainless steel
• Water Resistance: 200 meters
• Movement: 6R15 (hours, minutes, seconds, date)
• Strap: Seiko silicone dive strap
• Limited to 500 individually numbered
• Available for now pre-order (anticipated delivery: July, 2019)
• Price: $1,000 USD

It goes without saying that we are thrilled with the result, and hope that the community enjoys wearing this watch as much as we've enjoyed designing it. Head over to the Topper Blog to see the rest of the photographs, or cut right to the chase and pre-order right here. Of course if you have any questions, or would like to reserve a specific edition number, we welcome you to inquire by calling Topper Jewelers at 888-730-2221, or by e-mailing [email protected].

·
Premium Member
5,694 Posts
Do love me some PVD....very nice.

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
That’s cool!

@robotazky

·
6,635 Posts
Very cool Rob ;)

Love the orange tip a black date wheel!

Does the whole case have a matte finish?...I hope so. I’m not a fan of hi polished PVD/DLC.

Any chance we can see the new buckle?

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I'm in. My very first pre-order ever. I just can't pass up this black beauty. Now........what are we gonna name it?

Reactions: Spring-Diver
1 - 20 of 115 Posts