WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All Watch Enthusiasts !!

Please allow me to introduce the first official post regarding our own branded custom dial(s) "Ellipsis". Elllipsis is a brand that was founded earlier this year by both myself and brother as a means to provide vintage
inspired custom watch dials. The dials have been inspired by a variety of classic timepieces spanning nearly a century of timeless designs. Some of the designs will be instantly recognizable, while others borrow more
heavily from beautiful albeit not as well known models. With that being said the first dial that is available for consideration is tilted the "Ellipsis 24".

The Ellipsis 24 draws its design from older Longines and Breitling pieces whose early 24 aviator hour time keeping display is still in use today. This first dial draft will be produced for the Seiko Stargate and only available
in limited quantities. At this time the picture enclosed is a draft of the first proposed dial design. (An actual mock up is currently under way) However, before any actual production begins I want to present the
dial to the board, and gauge the interest of members who would like to be included on the first run of the Ellipsis dial.

Exact time frame to completion and pricing information is forthcoming and is solely dependent on the response from you, fellow watch enthusiasts. Once we have an idea as to how many parties are interested in obtaining this piece we can move forward (or potentially back to the drawing board) with actual production and distribution.
Measuring instrument Auto part Tool

We certainly thank you for your time, and hope that you will take part in a successful launching of this venture.

Sincerly,

Steve Ferris
[email protected]

Ray Ferris
[email protected]

·
Registered
537 Posts
I like the dial, the thing that jumps out to me though is that the 12 hour indicators could have larger font. There's a couple other things that I'd change but that's probably what would most keep me from getting this dial. Also wondering if a day/date window option would be available.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response to the design. I do agree with increasing the size of the 12 hour markers to perhaps be a little larger. A date option of the dial is also planned presuming this model does well. As to the day feature it would stand the chance of breaking up the overall symmetry of the design too much.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Quick idea for a date to keep the symmetry and as said the 12 should probably be larger which I did not change in my quick paint job.

Measuring instrument Gauge Tool Font Auto part

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
i would love to see this on an actual stargate. kinda hard to imagine but im liking how it looks so far.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the added date at the 6 o'clock position. I'll be sure and relay these changes to my supplier. Any other revisions or changes anyone might suggest before having an actual mock up of the dial produced ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to reintroduce this topic and see what everyone thought regarding the above dial ? Do you want to see a dial produced exclusively for the Seiko Stargate ? I'm welcome to hear thoughts, opinions on the topic. Happy Friday to all !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts