WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
546281_119397068197950_1420013532_n.jpg

Eloheimo watches combine simplistic Scandinavian design style with unconventional technical details. These build to order "time engines" are handmade in Finland with Swiss movements.

582345_119400264864297_1624386838_n.jpg

The aesthetical appearance and simplicity of machines combined with an honest Scandinavian design provided inspiration for the designer Antti Eloheimo to create the first ETE model E01A / E01R.

The main idea of this father son collaboration was to produce simplistic and unique handmade timepieces that would not be bound by traditional ways of doing things.

307601_213943585409964_1416469338_n.jpg

The case is machined from a solid piece of stainless steel and the movement is sealed in with a thick impact resistant crystal. The minute indicating disc reveals part of the mechanics underneath as time elapses while the hour hand rotates around it. Although the shape is angular, the ergonomics of the piece are superb thanks to the wide straps and the in-case crown.

554301_119398198197837_1790960281_n.jpg

More pictures:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Model:
E01A

Movement:
SOP Alternance 10
28 800 vibrations per hour
25 jewels
Automatic winding
42-hour power reserve
Regulation 4 positions 0-15
Rhodium plating with circular finish
Rhodium plated winding mass with engraving

Case:
Stainless steel 316L
Water resistant 100m
48mm x 38mm
Brushed / sandblasted finish
4mm thick high impact strength saphir crystal
Double sealed crown

Hands and Dial:
Special stainless steel minute disc and hour hand

Strap:
Tanned and black calf leather, saddle stiched

Price: € 4,800

image.jpg

Model:
E01R

Movement:
SOP Alternance 10
28 800 vibrations per hour
25 jewels
Automatic winding
42-hour power reserve
Regulation 4 positions 0-15
Rhodium plating with circular finish
DLC coated winding mass with engraving

Case:
Stainless steel 316L
Water resistant 100m
48mm x 38mm
Fully black DLC coating
4mm thick high impact strength saphir crystal
Double sealed crown

Hands and Dial:
Special stainless steel minute disc and hour hand

Strap:
Tanned and black calf leather, saddle stiched

Price: € 4,800

Visit the Eloheimo watches website

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I kind of like the black one, I'll take the quartz version for, oh, around $150.00 USD?

·
Registered
14,024 Posts
Wow! I think those are really awesome but at approaching $6,400 they are way out of my budget. With that kind of coin I think I'd go for a Explorer II or a Milgauss.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
for the cost of this piece, there are far too many other more renowned watches I would purchase! However, best of luck in your endeavours!

·
Registered
19,861 Posts
Pretty unique for the design, looks better than most of fashion brand watches.

However for that price tag I'd love to have a sapphire caseback too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I really like the design. The band is obviously very high quality. I feel like the price is optimistic, but if it is truly handmade I could see the maker falling in love with it every time he/she finishes one. I know when I make something I have to detach myself from it before I can even start to ask what it should cost. I bet they go through more than a few broken crystals drilling those holes.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
"simplistic" is pejorative in English…

What is the use of the "crown release" screw in the back of the case, and how is water resistance affected by this feature?

I think the text and arrows on the back are silly. What does "Four 0-15 positions" mean exactly?

Why a "thick impact resistant crystal"? At that price point I'd like to have sapphire… (Correction: the sketch does mention "saphir crystal") AND a sapphire caseback too… And one has to wonder what will happen to that "thick impact resistant crystal" without a bezel protection the first time the watch is dropped to the floor… Weak design…

·
Registered
243 Posts
"simplistic" is pejorative in English…

What is the use of the "crown release" screw in the back of the case, and how is water resistance affected by this feature?
The movement won't come out of the case without taking the stem out, and there is no access to the back of the movement, so I can see why it would be there, but why not at lease make a finely finished screw plug or something?

[Edit]: I see the screw now.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
This design seems like something I'd see a hipster wearing for 2.99 from their local thrift shop...

·
Premium Member
39,766 Posts
Love the design. The more I saw the more I was scared to scroll down to find the price. My fears were justified.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Love The Watch .. Not The Price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not a fan. Seems like a very high price to ask....they need to find a way to mass produce the watch. I think the price point should be more like sub $500.00 and even then I would not buy one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts