WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
First at all, I’d like to thank Brad and the whole Watchuseek team for inviting us to share our Kickstarter campaign here.

My name is Andrea and I am the founder of Freeda Watches, a wristwatch brand that aims to replicate the mood and feeling of a vintage Italian watch.

We've built our products on the idea that 'great inspiration' is everything. So we found ours in one of the most magnificent seasons in recent Italian history: the 1960’s and the Dolce Vita lifestyle.

Our first collection is featuring 2 models: the Plano and the SS36 GRAN TURISMO.

PLANO: Inspired by the modern Italian gentleman. Subtle and refined, marks the return of a classic and comforting style playing on the duality of eccentric materials and details from high watchmaking. A companion to wear with "studied casualness", synthesizing a charming taste for tradition.

DSC_6215ok.jpg

DSC_6199ok.jpg

Totalone2.jpg

orologi styles.jpg

Size (diameter / thickness): 35 mm / 7 mm
Case: 316L stainless steel, chromed or gold
Back case: Engravable stainless steel
Movement: Swiss Ronda Movement 1064
Date function: No
Water resistant: 5 ATM, 50 meters
Glass: Dome sapphire crystal with anti-scratch coating
Hands: Hours/minute hand size: 9,50 x 14.00 mm - Second small hand size: 3.00 mm
Crown size: 5.00 mm
Strap: Genuine Italian vegetable tanned leather
Strap size: 18 mm, best fit for 14 - 22 cm wrist
Available strap colours: Brown or black, textured leather, alligator and lizard print
Buckle: Stainless steel buckle chromed or gold

SS36GT: Sporty elegance supported by powerful and decisive lines, without compromising functionality. SS36GT ensures perfect versatility, from the street to the worldly event, the colors contrast, inspired by Gran Turismo races of the 60’s, ensures excellent readability, paying tribute to its racing soul.

DSC_6468.jpg

DSC_6261.jpg

DSC_6244.jpg

Size (diameter/thickness): 40 mm / 7 mm
Case: 316L Stainless Steel, chromed
Back case: Transparent sapphire crystal with anti-scratch coating
Movement: Japanese Miyota Automatic Movement 8215
Date function: Yes @ 3:00 o’clock
Luminous hands and dial: Yes, photoluminescent lume
Water resistant: 10 ATM, 100 meters
Glass: Sapphire crystal with anti-scratch finish
Hands: Hours/minute hand size; 9.00 x 11.00 mm – Second hand size: 13.00 mm
Crown size: 5.00 mm
Strap: Genuine Italian leather
Strap size: 20 mm, best fit for 14 - 22 cm wrist
Available strap colours: Brown or black textured hole leather
Buckle: Stainless steel chromed buckle

KEY FEATURES:

Sapphire Crystal (with anti-reflective coating):
The collection is featuring sapphire glass (both on front and case-back glass) which has a value of 9 out of 10 on the scale of mineral hardness. The Plano in particular has a dome sapphire glass.

DSC_6236.jpg

Interchangeable Watch Strap: Freeda watches are featuring an easy and fast switching strap system. Pull the pin on the spring bar, and easily fit it into the lug hole. Repeat it on both the halves of the strap, and a new watch is ready to fit your wrist!

cintutini orizontali.jpg

Movements: We seized both models, their inspiration and the expected use around the choosen movement: Japanese-made Miyota Automatic 8215 for the SS36GT and Swiss-made Ronda 1064 for the Plano.

Italian Leather Straps: We looked for the "classic" leather patterns used at the time to perfectly match the 60's mood and enhance the wearing experience. All the straps are adjustable and made of genuine durable leather obtained through a vegetable tanning process. This allows the straps to adapt smoothly to the shape of the wrist, turning it into a unique design accessory the more you use it. The range is featuring several strap colors and patterns: textured leather, alligator and lizard print.

Engravable stainless steel case-back (only on Plano): The Plano is featuring a plain back case that you can customize with a bespoke engraving service. Whether it is an important date, initials or a short message, make your Freeda watch even more personal.

retro ok.jpg

Numbered First Edition: We are committed to offering you a unique timepiece. This is why every single watch produced will be numbered with our special "First Edition" serial number.

DSC_6152 - Copia-Recuperato.jpg

Price: The prices varies depending on the pledge level and the product selected. In general you can get a Plano watch in between €119 and €149; a SS36 Gran Turismo watch in between €169 and €199; and a large variety of Combo options starting at just €278 (this represents up to 60% discount from our RRP)

Please feel free to visit our campaign page HERE to find out more and do not hesitate to ask any question!

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
37,799 Posts
Welcome to WatchUSeek Andrea!

I really like what you guys are doing. Does the SS36GT come with a pair of folding Persol sunglasses, perforated Fratelli Orsini driving gloves, and a red Ferrari 275 GTB/4?

If so I'm all in!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear @CMSgt Bo, thanks for your question! You definitely got the right interpretation of the watch mood! :)
Trying to work on a stretch goal that might give access to something similar... I'll keep you in the loop!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello There! 50% funded today! Getting ready to add stretching goals!
I've been suggested to modify the SS36GT Miyota mvmt from the actual 8215 to the 9015.
The mvmt is basically the same but I believe i'll gain in terms of accuracy. Do you think this can be considered as an interesting upgrade?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello There! 50% funded today! Getting ready to add stretching goals!
I've been suggested to modify the SS36GT Miyota mvmt from the actual 8215 to the 9015.
The mvmt is basically the same but I believe i'll gain in terms of accuracy. Do you think this can be considered as an interesting upgrade?

Thanks!
I think it costs you more to upgrade from 8215 to 9015. And thats an interesting upgrades considering you maintain the same price for the watches on your campaign

1 - 8 of 8 Posts