WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Watchuseek community, I am Calvin, co-founder of CJR Watches and I would like to thank the Administrators of WatchUSeek for permission to introduce my KickStarter project.

I am Calvin, co-founder of CJR Watches.
Inspired by the romance of early automotive, nautical and aviation, we began to design and make a small quantity of CJR watches – the design of VELOCITA was first created. In CJR, we all entered the ring with an eye toward giving their consumers an unconventional yet affordable experience, rather than just another watch product.

Encouraged by all the positive comments on VELOCITA, we are introducing our AIRSPEED, the first regulator automatic watch on Kickstarter. We are launching this watch on June 14th! Save the date, and sign up on our website now for the 10% off while it's still available! http://www.cjrwatches.com/

Design of Air speed

The AIRSPEED reinterprets the vintage regulator-style mechanism in haute horology and appears in an avant-garde design with a price tag for everyone.

The separation of the minute and hour hands on to different axials and sub-dials gives the face a unique look. Inspired by a love of aircrafts, watches and all things mechanical, the AIRSPEED is made to resemble the cockpit’s dashboard and instruments. Its finely curved durable glass flows directly to the edge of the case, breaking the light in a much softer way, while improving its optimal legibility.

The jet black dial and matching white hands draw the eye, but a closer look reveals an alluring fluorescent inner ring – a design feature that is unlike any other.

AIRSPEED also comes in Beige. The beige dial with silver hands and black hour markers make for a classic piece that can be worn with your best suit yet tough enough to withstand the rigors of daily life

For more information: CJR | AIR SPEED: The First Curved Regulator Watch That Fits Your Budget

Movement of Air speed

Miyota 8219 Automatic Movement:

Miyota boasts truly outstanding self-winding mechanical movement that allows high precision regulating and offers great stability.

Diameter: Φ26.0mm
Power Reserve (Hrs): >40
Vibration Frequency: 21600 vibrations per hour
Jewels: 21 Jewels

Gallery

edm banner actual.jpg edm banner actual 2.jpg FB ad Actual Watch 4.jpg

Dimension_drawing.jpg air speed prototype new.jpg photo(both).jpg

Attachments

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,876 Posts
Hey Calvin, the CJR Airspeed looks great. It reminds me a little of what Ressence is doing without the complicated mechanism and astronomical price.

Best of luck with your new project!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The separation of the dials and the fluorescent inner ring is a really great touch. Would love to get more details.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys,

I've just updated the dimension of the AIRSPEED, and how AIRSPEED looks like when lights are off. We've received our final prototype and we are now busy shooting photos and videos! We will launch AIRSPEED on Kickstarter as soon as we get all these ready, so sign up now for the 10% OFF while it's still available on our website: CJR | AIR SPEED: The First Curved Regulator Watch That Fits Your Budget

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

We just brought our AIRSPEED to shoot some photos, and updated one here! We will keep on shooting more nice pics! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Calvin,

I love the look of the watch (good job!) and have signed up.

What sort of pricing were you looking at?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi all,

Sorry for not getting back sooner as I just spent the last weekend shooting some more images of AIRSPEED. Do check them out and remember to sign up!!

Regarding the price, it will definitely be under $500 USD, do you think that's a good price? Let me know what price range you guys are looking at! And please stay tuned to our launch on 14th June!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry for not getting back sooner as I just spent the last weekend shooting some more images of AIRSPEED. Do check them out and remember to sign up!!

Regarding the price, it will definitely be under $500 USD, do you think that's a good price? Let me know what price range you guys are looking at! And please stay tuned to our launch on 14th June!!

Hi Calvin,

Personally I think that the plastic face and the watch being $500 might put some people off. Could there not be an option to have a glass face?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
135 Posts
Out of my price range at ~500 USD because I have some others in the queue, but best of luck with the campaign! I will continue to follow.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Beautiful watch! I just signed up too, but sadly for that price I don't know if I can justify it. Don't get me wrong, its beautiful and I would love to wear one, just a bit too steep for what you get. That's just my opinion. Of course I don't know what your expenses are in making this, but just off the top of my head, I would say $349-$399 price range.
I wish you the best, and I am going to try my best to get one.

Sent from my OnePlus One

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

Thanks for the input! We've finalized that AIRSPEED will be selling at $329 for the earliest bird and you will have 10% OFF too since you've signed up! We are looking forward to you becoming one of our first batch of backers!

Beautiful watch! I just signed up too, but sadly for that price I don't know if I can justify it. Don't get me wrong, its beautiful and I would love to wear one, just a bit too steep for what you get. That's just my opinion. Of course I don't know what your expenses are in making this, but just off the top of my head, I would say $349-$399 price range.
I wish you the best, and I am going to try my best to get one.

Sent from my OnePlus One

1 - 20 of 96 Posts