WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

As you might have seen on the Watchuseek homepage, we will soon release a new model.

After a long process of designing and prototyping, we are proud to announce the latest addition to the MAEN collection, the Skymaster 38 Automatic Chronograph!

We love vintage chronographs and in the current market it was hard to find a well balanced design in a modest case of 38mm. Besides that, most Swiss Made automatic chronographs are well above
1000,- when you buy them new. So with this is mind we started the automatic chronograph project.

We are still a young company and our goal is to keep improving and create high-quality watches for an affordable price and with a lot of attention to small details.
We have learned a lot from the previous Kickstarter campaign and will therefore also offer VAT returns for buyers outside of the EU.

We will launch the Skymaster on Kickstarter on the 1st of September. More information can be found at: https://www.maenwatches.com/pages/skymaster

Below you can find some of the specs:

DIAMETER: 38mm
THICKNESS: Case 10,9mm. Including glass 12,9mm
LUG TO LUG HEIGHT: 46mm
WEIGHT: 135 Gram
CASEBACK: Screw down with sapphire glass
CROWN: 7mm
MATERIAL: 316L Surgical grade stainless steel
BEZEL: 60 click bi-directional stainless steel bezel with aluminium insert
CRYSTAL: Box domed hesalite glass
WATER RESISTANCE: Waterproof to 5ATM
MOVEMENT: ETA 2894-2 Swiss Made Automatic Movement ( Elaboré Grade )
REGULATED: Regulator system ETACHRON and regulator corrector
SHOCK PROTECTION: Incabloc
VIBRATIONS PER HOUR: 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz
POWER RESERVE: ~38 hours
COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE: Switzerland, Swiss made
JEWELS: 37 Jewels
FUNCTIONS: Hours, Minutes, Chronograph, 12H GMT Bezel
WINDING: Self-winding mechanism with ball bearing

And here are some pictures :) Please let us know what you think and we will be more than happy to answer any questions!

/MAEN Watches

IMG_1074.jpg IMG_1141 (1).jpg IMG_1267.jpg IMG_1660.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh wow, that is nice!

Looking forward to seeing the kickstarter!

Having experience drilled lugs for the first time recently, I'm so glad you guys went with drilled lugs. What a game changer. Also, glad you got the dial/subdial proportions right, looks absolutely fantastic.

Any potential options for a bracelet?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Been waiting for you to unveil this project!

I’m glad you’re offering a variant that’s out-of-the-box and has punchy colors.

I’m leaning towards the Thunder Grey at the moment.

Wrist: 6.5” flat

Sent from the Talk of Tapa

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been waiting for you to unveil this project!

I’m glad you’re offering a variant that’s out-of-the-box and has punchy colors.

I’m leaning towards the Thunder Grey at the moment.

Wrist: 6.5” flat

Sent from the Talk of Tapa
Thanks! Glad to hear you like the Thunder Grey! It's our personal favorite as well! :)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Im really digging this and its good to see a micro brand kicking out a solid chrono.
Right on.

Reactions: MAEN_Watches

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Really love that reverse panda tri-compax. Any chance that you would use tachymetre bezel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice dial design. This would have looked much better without the bezel though, feel like it cheapens the look. Just looks like your typical Chinese chronograph that every fashion watch company makes. No bezel and more modern pushers (rectangular?) and this would have been perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice dial design. This would have looked much better without the bezel though, feel like it cheapens the look. Just looks like your typical Chinese chronograph that every fashion watch company makes. No bezel and more modern pushers (rectangular?) and this would have been perfect.
Actually not as much a fashion watch, more just too much of a Speedmaster ripoff.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Nice. What's the lug width size?

·
Registered
8,212 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Nice with some JLC diver vibes but I’ll order when when this goes live. Nice job!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts