WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks, buildrepair7
The subdials in the metal are silvery-white, i'd say, and at first glance very legible concentric circles around the sub-dials.
I'm very pleased. Would I change anything? Perhaps make the subdials on these a bit more recessed but that's splitting hairs here for the price paid.I'll say the Skymaster is a good vintage interpretation of a 3 subdial Chrono watch of those 60s -80s eras i.e.Heuer Carrera/Daytona 6263 homage perhaps. Definitely worth the wait.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reviving this thread - wondering if anyone who was waiting on a reverse panda Skymaster has received theirs yet? I pre-ordered one in late May and they said they’d ship by mid-August, but the website was updated yesterday to say they’d ship by mid-September. Trying to get a feel for how reasonable the new estimate is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reviving this thread - wondering if anyone who was waiting on a reverse panda Skymaster has received theirs yet? I pre-ordered one in late May and they said they’d ship by mid-August, but the website was updated yesterday to say they’d ship by mid-September. Trying to get a feel for how reasonable the new estimate is...

If everything in production of this batch of watches goes according to plan, I'd say somewhat reasonable. If they have any issues, as they supposedly did with some of the hands on the first run of watches, it'll probably be longer. Some people who had watches in the first batch got theirs, some people still haven't (me included).

I ordered mine in March. It was supposed to be delivered in April with the first batch of watches, which included watches for Kickstarter backers. Then Covid happened. Then production problems happened. So I still don't have mine (I ordered the Thunder Gray). So it should be coming in with the second batch of watches, the batch that your watch should be in, iwasajetplane.

Also, I emailed them a few days ago for an update. This was their response on Aug. 10:

"The production of the new materials is going according to plan and should be finished in about 3/4 weeks from now. We will then start with assembly. Once we get to the final stage, we will send you an update."

·
Registered
103 Posts
If everything in production of this batch of watches goes according to plan, I'd say somewhat reasonable. If they have any issues, as they supposedly did with some of the hands on the first run of watches, it'll probably be longer. Some people who had watches in the first batch got theirs, some people still haven't (me included).

I ordered mine in March. It was supposed to be delivered in April with the first batch of watches, which included watches for Kickstarter backers. Then Covid happened. Then production problems happened. So I still don't have mine (I ordered the Thunder Gray). So it should be coming in with the second batch of watches, the batch that your watch should be in, iwasajetplane.

Also, I emailed them a few days ago for an update. This was their response on Aug. 10:

"The production of the new materials is going according to plan and should be finished in about 3/4 weeks from now. We will then start with assembly. Once we get to the final stage, we will send you an update."
Thanks Hofmeisterkink - that is helpful! Looking forward to eventually getting mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trying to get a feel for how reasonable the new estimate is...
You have to patient, and expect delays. It's common with those micro brands projects.
I ordered my blue Skymaster in September 2019, and I am still waiting. Not enough watches that passed QC in the first batch, I was told.
I have been promised one for September 2020. Let's see.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

I reached out to Maen this morning (14 Sept.) for an update, and I was told that " this week all parts will be finished, we will then proceed with assembly."
"As for now we aim to ship your watch by the end of this month
."
So late September shipping seems the current target - all being well.

Cheers,
Thomas

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Is this project actually a full year behind the projected delivery date? I understand the CV-19 issues on some level but 12 months late, that’s crazy.

I like the panda version but had forgotten about it until seeing this thread. I hope they deliver at some point and good luck to those that are waiting.

Add this experience to the already long list of why I don’t preorder anything anymore.

·
Registered
420 Posts
A year? I too cannot believe this has taken so long. I ordered my panda dial chrono several months ago. In the meantime, I purchased something else. When my watch arrives I plan on selling it. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more delays. This will be the last time I preorder anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is this project actually a full year behind the projected delivery date?
Not quite, but still 7 months behind for some.
I ordered one blue Skymaster in September 2019 (invoice date), with an initial ETA in March 2020. Nothing delivered to me yet.
Some orders have been disptached in June/July 2020 (see earlier messages), but quality issues meant that not all of them have been fulfilled.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got this update from Maen this morning:

“Unfortunately the new handsets are not ready yet. The testing phase has taken longer than expected. We are now being told that they should be ready by end of next week. Realistically this means that your watch can be ready within 3/4 weeks from now as we also need some time for assembly and QC.”

So it looks like we’re into mid-October before the watches ship.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think these delays are a bunch of bull. I think Maen is having financial issues and they're just buying time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not a talented photographer but I'm happy to take more pics of it with my phone. What are you interested in seeing?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
That would be awesome! very interested in how the dial catches light, people had commented that the subdials could have been "stepped a little more" - also interested to see if they are more creamy than white. Wondering if they have that semi-metallic reflective look that the vintage chronos did. I suppose a few shots in sunlight or a little wrist-turn video would show all of these things. Thanks so much for the reply!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, I agree that they could definitely be more sunk in...
The subdials look more creamy than white most of the time - only when the light is in a certain angle they look pretty white. I'm a bit colorblind though, so colours aren't my strong suit!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 180 Posts