1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
39E675DF-7789-47AF-BF7F-898F622CD39C.jpeg

Website intro:

'REIWA' BY HAJIME ASAOKA

As the first Hajime design to be introduced in the new reign of Emperor Naruhito, the new Kurono Classic is nicknamed 'Reiwa'. Its complex two-part dial provides a glint of metallic sophistication at the periphery - off-set by the serenity of a perfect solid-colored center. The watch is paired with a genuine crocodile strap, and is aimed at more discerning collectors.

The Reiwa's dial is much harder to manufacture as it features a dial that blends metallic and non-metallic components seamlessly. KURONO is proudly made in Japan, hand assembled, and remains limited in production at just 50 pieces per dial variant. Variants, once sold out, will not be reintroduced in the future.

B5A94904-1DCA-4140-9744-6596359500F9.jpeg

'Reiwa' continues its mission to deliver to watch collectors outside Japan a more accessible timepiece that shares the design DNA of Hajime Asaoka's exclusive atelier watches, but at a more affordable price.

“It has always been my wish to make my designs more accessible to a wider audience, and especially those that are just starting out in watch appreciation, or as a complement to their existing handmade Hajime Asaoka atelier watch.”

34AB6397-8029-452F-9946-EAE71E496C37.jpeg

Specs:

- Limited to 50 pieces per dial variant
- Mechanical automatic winding, MIYOTA 90S5 PREMIUM
- Unique two-process dial in metallic and solid finish
- Sapphire glass
- Solid caseback design - signed by Hajime Asaoka
- 24 jewels, 28,800 vibrations / hour, power reserve 40 hours
- Waterproof to 3 ATM
- 316L high-polished 37mm stainless steel case, hands & indices
- Black crocodile leather band (20/18)
- Made in Japan

MSRP at $2,190 excl. applicable taxes

For more information please visit https://kuronotokyo.com/

·
Premium Member
36,081 Posts
It must really take some real work to make the dial fuse together as well as it does.

Nice. Has a cool retro look going on.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I absolutely love all of Hajime Asaoka's designs. His tourbillon is a grail and I wouldn't mind wearing this every day of the week.

It's nice that he's doing things at a slightly lower price point. $2,000 with a miyota is pretty close to impulse buy territory for me.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I love the hands on these watches.....wish other designers would take note. I'm waiting on my Ming 17.06 Copper, so not in the market for the Kurono Classic as I only want one "unusual" watch in the collection at a time, but this is definitely worth considering.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
They weren't kidding when they said affordable. That is way lower than any Hajime Asaoka watch. Pretty similar to his watches too. Though not to my tastes. Great for anyone who wants a Hajime Asaoka at a really low price.

Reactions: Zzyzx

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Elegant

Reactions: sorinp1 and Zzyzx

·
Registered
746 Posts
Really like it, not really my style but I can appreciate it for what it is; a finely crafted timepiece.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Beautiful, glad I'm not in the market for a dressier piece . . .

·
Registered
423 Posts
The logic of the basic design is breathtaking. I tend to appreciate cream colored dials at a distance without getting an acquisitive itch. In that sense I have luckily dodged the bullet of regretting this sold out lovely from the previous run, in which the color makes the design shimmer enigmatically rather than pop out boldly as with some of the other colors on the last run.

eggshell_too_426x368.jpg
(Image from Sincere Watch in Singapore, for whom this was an exclusive design.)

·
Registered
107 Posts
The watch wears well and the finishing is superb especially for its pricing. Can't wait to see the brown/bronze dial in person too.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Quite nice, but seriously overpriced

1 - 20 of 45 Posts