WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TWCO® is a contemporary watch brand specializing in high quality professional watches. Their watches combine an outstanding design with quality utilizing top tier materials and craftsmanship! Professional watches made for professionals and enthusiasts! Read more at the Official TWCO® Watches Forum, here at Watchuseek.

TWCO Technical Watches Press Release 2.jpg

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Be carefull, guys

Pendientes de TWCO - Foro General - Página 2

The last news of this brand are that it was demanded for fraud to spanish forumers.

I have no news about this in anyway, so if TWCO wants explain it, sure we thanks a lot.
I'm using Google Translate but from what I understand it seems that it is the old TWCO that the posts are about. Seems like he didn't deliver on the watches he promised and people want their money back after waiting so long?

This new TWCO is a different company and person although there are connections:

Q: What made you decide to create a new watch brand?
A: That's an interesting story, actually. It happened when passion, opportunity and coincidence all came together at the right moment at the right place!
It all started approximately mid-2011 when I, by accident, during one of my 'Google' sessions, found a picture of a Salvamento Maritimo (Spanish Sea Rescue Service) Limited Edition watch designed and build by TWCO, a small Spanish watch brand. I was immediately struck by its design and I absolutely wanted to own one! Unfortunately there was no activity whatsoever. The brand was completely dormant, so to speak. It was only from that moment on, that I saw the opportunity, and possibility to awake the brand. I was boiling with ideas, new models, how to market it, etcetera. Another pure coincidence was that I managed to get in touch with the former owner and to make a long story short ... TWCO now is a EU registered trademark, owned by me.
It wasn't an easy job, and it took me quite some time, but I guess 'persistency wins'.
from the interview in the official forum here

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
TWCO is stepping right in with an official forum. The name sounds corporate or childish, although: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"... I look forward to seeing the offerings.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,789 Posts
Bad choice for a brand name, i think
Yes. Certainly he must be aware of the Spanish watch collectors who have not forgotten what happened and who may well continue to tell their story.
If they lost money maybe the new owner is arranging some compensation.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I'm not seeing the watches? A couple of small pics on their home page of dive watches, that's it. Any pics or specs?

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's no nothing to explain. Twco got our money almost 2 years ago and we don't see even a part of the watch. We tried to cont act Mr San Antonio through the forum administrator and it was more of the same, wich is nothing. If you trust in this guy/company it's up to you. You're now noticed.
Regards.
I'm using Google Translate but from what I understand it seems that it is the old TWCO that the posts are about. Seems like he didn't deliver on the watches he promised and people want their money back after waiting so long?

This new TWCO is a different company and person although there are connections:

from the interview in the official forum here

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,789 Posts
There's no nothing to explain. Twco got our money almost 2 years ago and we don't see even a part of the watch. We tried to cont act Mr San Antonio through the forum administrator and it was more of the same, wich is nothing. If you trust in this guy/company it's up to you. You're now noticed.
Regards.
We now have the story from someone who is owed money for an undelivered Twco watch from 2 years ago. Hopefully the Twco owner will clarify this issue on the Twco forum.

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new owner has nothing to do with the former owner's practices. He bought the brand and is launching his first model tomorrow. I will now close this thread, because I very much dislike the way you are trying to make him look bad.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Some questions reach me regarding the former owner.
The true story is: See the quote below taken from my interview regarding the former owner.
There is no connection or relation whatsoever with the former owner.

Q: What made you decide to create a new watch brand?
A: That's an interesting story, actually. It happened when passion, opportunity and coincidence all came together at the right moment at the right place!
It all started approximately mid-2011 when I, by accident, during one of my 'Google' sessions, found a picture of a Salvamento Maritimo (Spanish Sea Rescue Service) Limited Edition watch designed and build by TWCO, a small Spanish watch brand. I was immediately struck by its design and I absolutely wanted to own one! Unfortunately there was no activity whatsoever. The brand was completely dormant, so to speak. It was only from that moment on, that I saw the opportunity, and possibility to awake the brand. I was boiling with ideas, new models, how to market it, etcetera. Another pure coincidence was that I managed to get in touch with the former owner and to make a long story short ... TWCO now is a EU registered trademark, owned by me.
It wasn't an easy job, and it took me quite some time, but I guess 'persistency wins'.
The best summary of the story is to end with the beginning: "when passion, opportunity and coincidence come together at the right moment and the right place", nice things can happen!
When I took over the brand we also discussed taking over some old stock (straps, buckels, tools) but this never happened because the former owner stopped all communication. Sorry to hear he caused this much trouble this is also a unpleased surprise for me and I am in no way involved.

Trust this answers some questions that came up in this forum.

For anymore details or questions you can always e-mail me, [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.