WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Vendor
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is Johannes and Mick from WatchBandit in Berlin, Germany.

We are watch enthusiasts who are always looking for exceptional watches and we, of course, love Microbrands. On those principles, we founded WatchBandit back in 2014. We love the small, independent, innovative and contemporary watch and strap manufacturers who have the courage, dedication and sense of design to create special products for all of us. This was what inspired us to found WatchBandit, the shop for micro watch brands and accessories that you will not get on every corner.

The last year we have put more and more focus into creating our own watch straps as we were tired of the extremely expensive straps available that often costs more than the watch itself, but at the same time we still wanted something in outstanding quality, so why not create it yourself and that's what we did. We choose to call this new line WB ORIGINAL and the first collection was the suede straps. Produced in a small Italian Tannery, with calf leather from Tuscany and of course vegetable tanned. These a 35€ a piece:

suede.jpg

The second collection from our WB ORIGINAL line was Nato Straps. Here we choose Seat-Belt nylon for a smooth, strong comfortable feel, and hardware in brushed stainless steel. These are 20€ a piece:

Nato_NL_teaser.jpg

The third WB ORIGINAL line that will come in a couple of weeks are Vintage styled leather straps. We are not sure what to bring as a fourth line, maybe a classic line or a racing, but if you have any ideas we would love to hear from you?

That's was a little introduction from us, we look forward to taking an active part in this legendary forum.

High5 from Berlin,

Johannes & Mick

PS: In our signature, you will find a 15% discount code, it will be an exclusive and permanent code for watchuseek members.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looking good! welcome and good luck with your straps.
I really like the look of your suede straps.
Could you give us some measurements., specifically how thick are they and as I haven't checked out your site yet how much for shipping?

·
Vendor
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good! welcome and good luck with your straps.
I really like the look of your suede straps.
Could you give us some measurements., specifically how thick are they and as I haven't checked out your site yet how much for shipping?
Hi tokeisukeii, thanks a lot for your feedback.

The Suede straps are 2mm thick, and the strap length is 11,50 cm + 7,50 cm. Buckle width is 4 mm shorter then lug width.

We only charge 5€ for shipping worldwide and have free shipping on orders over 99€.

VAT is automatically reduced at checkout if you order from outside EU.

If you guys have any other questions, then just shoot :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Personally, I'd kill for a high quality tropic rubber strap for smaller wrists (or any rubber strap for smaller wrists for that matter). As far as I can tell no one offers that at the moment so there's probably some demand for it.

·
Vendor
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally, I'd kill for a high quality tropic rubber strap for smaller wrists (or any rubber strap for smaller wrists for that matter). As far as I can tell no one offers that at the moment so there's probably some demand for it.
Thanks for the suggestion, we are actually currently looking into rubber straps, but the upfront investment is pretty high as you have to invest in the part to shape the strap. But its defiently on our list, and the tip with a focus on "smaller" wrist is great, thanks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Are you guys associated with cheapestnatostrap? Because the straps you both selling are exactly the same, even the stock photos. Except cns sell them for half of the price..

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just placed an online order for a light brown 20 mm racing strap for my Speedy. Let’s check their quality and fitting on Speedy. I’ll post photos of the strap with my Speedy once I get the delivery for your appraisal here.
Thanks for your support, that means the world. I am sure it will be a great combo, looking forward to seeing the pics :) Have a great day, Mick

Reactions: Pun

·
Vendor
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you guys associated with cheapestnatostrap? Because the straps you both selling are exactly the same, even the stock photos. Except cns sell them for half of the price..

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Hi watchninja123, thanks for your messsage. CNS was kind enough to let us resell their straps when we wanted to start selling straps, thats why you see some identical straps and pictures. But we wanted to increase the quality even more, thats why we started to produce our own straps now, its those we call WB ORIGINAL. Currently we are also selling other brands like Eulit and Vollmer, but in time they will all be replaced with our own production, so we have 100% control over product and quailty. We hope we can take this journy with the help and input from the WUS comunity:)

·
Vendor
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to say these look like any other strap out there.
Thanks for your feedback, I guess that can be a good and a bad thing :) I hope the mix between quality/price and great customer service will still put us ahead of our competitors who also does a great job. If you have ideas to how we can stand out from the others I would love your input? Have a great day, Cheers Mick

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
I have a few questions/comments:

- Have you looked into non-suede calf leather in addition to the suede? I love the suede, but it takes on a patina so easily that it's not always practical for me.
- Have you looked into slightly longer lengths? 115mm x 75mm is a little too short for me. 125mm x 80mm is much safer without needing to go into straps designed for > 20cm wrists but I can wear those too.
- And as an aside at least for N. American English speakers-- we tend to measure straps etc. in mm rather than decimal centimeters and for the English copy, don't forget that ,,punkt'' is the decimal separator, not ,,komma" ;-)

Thank you!

·
Vendor
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome feedback OvrSteer, thanks a lot.

In a couple of weeks, we will bring out some non-suede calf leather straps, also made in Italy with leather from Tuscany.

Slighter longer straps are now on our to-do-list. thanks :)

Great input on the mm cm, something for us to optimize for our US customers for sure.

Have a wonderful day,

Cheers,

Mick

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Thanks for the response! I'll check back later.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts