WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've lurked on these forums for a while and have been trying to make decision on "the watch" I was going to shoot for. I currently wear a few relatively inexpensive Chinese movements, but was looking to move to a "real" watch maker. Stowa seems to be a tremendous value, and I love the look of the AO and MO.

My current plan is to start the journey to buy AO with Swan Neck. However, I really prefer the dial of the brushed MO, however, I would really need it with a black face.

Is there a black faced MO in the pipeline? Perhaps as a "maybe?"

Look forward to hearing some replies.

S

·
0 Posts
Well, I've lurked on these forums for a while and have been trying to make decision on "the watch" I was going to shoot for. I currently wear a few relatively inexpensive Chinese movements, but was looking to move to a "real" watch maker. Stowa seems to be a tremendous value, and I love the look of the AO and MO.

My current plan is to start the journey to buy AO with Swan Neck. However, I really prefer the dial of the brushed MO, however, I would really need it with a black face.

Is there a black faced MO in the pipeline? Perhaps as a "maybe?"

Look forward to hearing some replies.
Afaik: NO black MO in the pipeline. And a black MO would make absolutely no sence because the Marine as it is is a homage to the Deckwatch of former times. No deckwatch and no hamage should feature a black dial which would be a sacrifice then.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough. I'll probably go after a MO then. The white dial is still very nice, and I do prefer the seconds at 6.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Afaik: NO black MO in the pipeline. And a black MO would make absolutely no sence because the Marine as it is is a homage to the Deckwatch of former times. No deckwatch and no hamage should feature a black dial which would be a sacrifice then.
Well in fairness Stowa has produced a MO with roman numerals, and to the best of my knowledge that isn't based on a historical design.

S

·
0 Posts
Well in fairness Stowa has produced a MO with roman numerals, and to the best of my knowledge that isn't based on a historical design.
If Stowa-Stowa is concerned you are right. The real MO homage is the one with arabic numerals, no doubt about that. However another Beobachtungsuhr, the J. Assmann Glashütte deck watch with roman numerals was serving on the U 5 (see Konrad Knirim for more information).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stowa sent me a reply via E-mail and told me a black faced Marine Original is in the plans, but no date could be given for one to be available. Looks like I'll be holding out.

we are planning a black faced Marine Original - but by now I can not tell you when the release date might be ?

best regards

Viveca

Am 06.03.2009 um 17:58 schrieb STOWA:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts