WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massacesi-Basso. A duel of champions.

He is from Florence, and his name is Federico Massacesi. He instead is from Varese, and his name is Ivan Basso.
The first, class of 1959, is one of the illustrious authors of Made in Italy.

Following a distinguished experience with major fashion brands (a name known by all, Salvatore Ferragamo), he developed his own company specialized in high-end watches as well as his own design laboratory.

Instead the other, Ivan Basso, as we all know, is one of the best of this new millennium on the road. A great climber, good at timing, with a great tactical sense, Ivan Basso is a systematic symbol of racing who thrives in stage races.

We have seen him race and win; we have seen him become a mature champion. They met to create something quite interesting, a very new watch for a sector where true novelties are rather rare. In fact, a very advanced high-end mechanical watch, of which we present a preview here, emerged from the encounter between Ivan Basso and Federico Massacesi.

If your time is worthwhile, keep it with a man who is worthwhile

"The 360° approach that I have always adopted in my professional life" affirms Massacesi, "allows me to appropriately develop projects or small business unit that are focused on providing responses to specific products or problems.

It may seem strange, but a man like Ivan Basso is really a specific problem!
" How then to create Ivan Basso's watch? This is the question that they asked themselves at 'Firenze 1959', Massacesi's new creative workshop.

The response was immediate:
"If a watch must keep a time that is worthwhile, if someone wants to keep it with a man like Ivan, we really have to think of a construction that is worthwhile, on a material of champions."

What we think is a masterpiece of the watch-making art, the Full Carbon IB.01, the first mechanical wristwatch with a case made entirely of the latest generation carbon composite, is thus born on these principles.

Full Carbon IB.01. Like staying in the saddle of your life

Precision, graphic elegance and material competition.
Ivan Basso says that he has chosen to wear a refined and perfect piece. He signed only with his initials because, "we are all tired of shouted names", he says.
He adds: "Wearing a watch that is worthwhile, which brings us back to the highest technology of our bikes, is like being in the saddle of our daily life. A great feeling!"
In his public biographical interviews, Massacesi has always indicated that the habit of facing professional life by being driven by objectives and the consequent habit of organizing time and resources has often allowed him to cancel the word impossible from his vocabulary... "Even the creative experience of Full Carbon IB.01 seemed impossible – remembers Massacesi – what does one of Ivan's bicycle wheels, I asked myself, have to do with a gear wheel of one of my watches?"
Then come the design considerations, the sensation that one wheel could grind space and the other time, that together they could create an absolute combination, a Grand Prix watch, you might say. Thus the IB.01."From today time runs on a Full Carbon frame like on the bikes – affirms Ivan – but here the wheels are inside, and pedal by themselves... Thanks to Federico, naturally, for being able to build my watch!" Full Carbon IB.01 is created perfect and is dedicated to all men of sport and passion.
Tough, it is not afraid of adventure, lightweight (only 85 g), so as to never get tired, with excellent readability, it is proposed in three tactical variations. It will be distributed starting next September in specialized watch stores and international bicycle retailers, and also online.

Technical specs

MOVEMENT
Automatic mechanical (ETA 2824).

CASE
Made of latest generation carbon composite (HPCC) with bottom and crown, hypoallergenic and non-magnetic stainless steel (AISI 316) movement holder.

BEZEL
Made of latest generation carbon composite (HPCC), with BEZEL HOLDER made of hard anodized ERGAL aircraft aluminum in three colors (dark charcoal, khaki, deep red).

DIAL
In three versions with a black background, coordinated with the bezel holder with bicolor Luminova.

STRAP
IB0101-AB AL: Technical with three holes, lined in Nubuck leather resistant to aggressive external agents.
IB0102-DS: In military-type fabric (wide band on the wrist) with Velcro closure.
IB.0103.RH: In leather with contrast stitching, Nubuck lining, resistant to aggressive external agents.

BUCKLE
Made of stainless steel.

Related link: FULL CARBON IB.01

1 - 1 of 1 Posts