WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I saw this Invicta 3332 watch online and I've fallen in love with the way it looks. Trouble is, it's designed for left handed people, whereas I am a righty. Is there a right handed version of this watch, or a right handed version of something similar? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's not a lefty watch. The size and shape of the crown and pushers dictates its placement on the left. Like this:

·
Registered
216 Posts
um yeah the invicta is a lefty watch, even says 'lefty' in the name. all U-boats have the crown at 9 0' clock, but panerai makes lefty watches as well. don't know how the crown and pusher placement have anything to do other than denoting a left-handed watch, made to be worn on the right hand of left handed people.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with wearing that watch on your left hand. Some Nixon watches have the pusher and crown on the left side as well and they aren't considered "lefty" watches.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a "lefty" watch because if you wear it on your left wrist the crown will dig into your wrist. The same goes for lefties wearing righty watches, which is why watches like this one exist.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's a "lefty" watch because if you wear it on your left wrist the crown will dig into your wrist. The same goes for lefties wearing righty watches, which is why watches like this one exist.
The reasoning here seems a little suspect... The picture in the original post has the crown on the left, so it'd only dig into the right-hand wrist, no?

Anyway, I've always thought these watches were considered left-handed because the crowns/pushers/knobs can be adjusted easier using the left hand while the watch is on the right arm.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Anyway, I've always thought these watches were considered left-handed because the crowns/pushers/knobs can be adjusted easier using the left hand while the watch is on the right arm.
That's the main reason - it's also why the crowns on the righthanded watches are on the right. But I have a fair share of lefty watches and I'm righthanded, I have them for the reason mentioned above - those HUGE crowns will be a very serious pain when they start digging into your wrist.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm a lefty and I have an Invicta very similar to this one. to be honest I would much more prefer the watch be strandard where the crown as it is quite big and is uncomfortable and it's digging into my wrist because I wear it on my right hand. so in your case it should be quite muh more comfortable if you wore it on left hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts