WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I recently bought an Invicta 7317 Signature II PO homage on eBay.

Signature

I love the watch even though I am partial to automatic rather than quartz. A small price to pay for a very inexpensive PO homage. However, when I received it, it seemed to be running very slow and even stopping then doubling up on seconds. I chalked it up to a dying battery. After replacing the battery, it ran fine for a couple days then went back to losing hours and looking like it had a dying battery. Does anyone have any info on the watch itself besides the Invicta website? I cannot seem to find much of anything. Also, the main issue, the slow time keeping. Thanks.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
You should have done a research prior to buying. Just found that review:
"Glad I only spent $79.00 for this watch. Only reason anyone wants this model is because it resembles a poor imitation of an Ome__ Planet Ocean. The hands on this one do not strike on the seconds markers at all and losing time daily. I also bough the blue one on Amazon with same issues and returned it. This one I sold off on a watch forum after disclosing all the issue with the buyer in the UK. Many people on the forum had the same issues with this model and now is relegated to the poor mans worst running homage watches. The buyer in the UK was going to replace the hands and movement inside the watch he said so really wanted the case and band for his use. Save up and buy something that is worth your money. I stated earlier in other review that Invicta makes some great watches and they do, just avoid this one or buy it on a watch forum for under $50.00 bucks. New they were $79.00 but obviously not worth that. "
Other owners say: "A very smart luxury watch that gives it an air of importance, intelligence, and class.".

I'd try to return the watch.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
If you really like the watch, and it's not covered under a no-cost exchange warranty, the PC32 is a $9 throw-away quartz movement.

If you have a local, trusted watchmaker, you can buy a new movement and have it installed for little more than Invicta charges for "normal" warranty coverage.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
This is just so cruel........Try to send it back.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would return the watch and then opt for a Seiko or Orient if you are looking for a sporty watch on a small budget. Both are known for their reliability and value for money.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would return the watch and then opt for a Seiko or Orient if you are looking for a sporty watch on a small budget. Both are known for their reliability and value for money.
Such a nice reply! But then he would not have a "Planet Ocean" on his wrist(without actually paying for a real one), which is at the heart of his decision to buy the Invicta.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Such a nice reply! But then he would not have a "Planet Ocean" on his wrist(without actually paying for a real one), which is at the heart of his decision to buy the Invicta.
You are right about the Planet Ocean comment. The reason why is because there is no way I would be able to afford one on a teacher's salary. So, unfortunately, this is what I can afford that is closest to a PO. I already have an Alpha PO with an orange bezel but I love the look of the black also. And I have to say that not only am I looking to keep it because I love the way it looks but it was also bought for me by my wife. I technically didn't buy it myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you really like the watch, and it's not covered under a no-cost exchange warranty, the PC32 is a $9 throw-away quartz movement.

If you have a local, trusted watchmaker, you can buy a new movement and have it installed for little more than Invicta charges for "normal" warranty coverage.
Thank you for an actual, helpful response. I am new to the watch-collecting world so I don't really know prices on repairs. How much does something. Like that usually cost? Can a quartz movement be replaced with an automatic one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts