WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does ny one have any thoughts/opinions on these ? I have never seen either one in person. but I am really tempted to pull the trigger on one of 'em!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a coin edge black face. I love mine, and it keeps great time so far. I put it on a black kevlar strap. Sorry no pics.:-!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Humm... well I'd go with the coin edge. The scallop is tough to get a good grip on and it looks more like the Rolex it is imitating. I had a scallop one once and couldn't get a grip for the life for me...darn these fat fingers... hahahaa...

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a scalloped one and I like it a lot. Aside from the Omega-style bezel it still has a Submariner look to it. Some find the timing bezel on the scalloped version difficult to turn and although it's not as smooth and effortless as it is on a Seiko Monster, I can manage it without any problem. My 8926 keeps great time and is one of my favorite watches to wear. I can imagine that the coin bezeled version offers a better surface for your fingers to grip, but otherwise the only real difference is cosmetic. My only ctiticism of the watch is it's lume. Adequate I suppose though it doesn't last long. I'm not a diver so I guess it makes little difference, but given a choice I'd prefer Superluminova on the hands and markers than the Tritnite that Invicta uses. Regardless, in my opinion it's still one of the best bang for the buck watches on the market.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I bought this one a while back as a beater. It's not bad for the $ and actually keeps good time. The scallop bezel is a bit hard to turn and the magnification of the cyclops is a joke.

- David

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just bought a blue scalloped one about a week ago. Turning the bezel takes some getting used to, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be. Keeps pretty good time so far. Really it just comes down to which style you like best.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does Invicta still make the coin edged ones? I thought they'd discontinued those under pressure from Rolex... I may be way out of date here.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The coins are still for sale on Amazon and elsewhere. But a big shiny black object that was 20% off yesterday with free shipping changed my plan !!! My first Monster is on the way!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I started a thread like this a while ago asking the exact same question. Ended up ordering the scalloped version (which does look great), but I think I would've preferred going with the coin edge. At the end, it's just a question of taste.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Scalloped and I love it. I actually had ordered the Coin but the guy on Ebay sent the wrong one. He told me he could send me the right one or give me $20 off a coin if I wanted it in addition. I said forget it and just kept it.

Thats about 2yrs ago. Its still the watch I probably wear most. I do love it although alot of people think its a submariner which I dont like, I dont like feeling like im wearing a knockoff.

Sidenote: I finally got a scratch on the crystal for the first time somehow when diving in Thailand last week. Oh well.o|

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have a scalloped bezel as I think it looks better and (unlike muxinick) I think it makes it look less like a fake submariner. I agree that it's a little trickyer to grip, but isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

Tom

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Congrats on the BM dadp2, mine is running around -6 to 8 seconds off with the newer 7s26b movement compared to my SKXA35 running about +20 a day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the monster arrived yesterday. it is my first seiko in years. It is really awesome! Lume is a huge deal to me and it is really a "monster" ! I wish they made a gmt like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts