WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! so I got my invicta 9937OB about 3 weeks ago. I had some questions about it though. I know with Omegas and Rolex's their dates change right at midnight. However with my invicta it does not. it changes at about 12:07? or a little bit earlier or later sometimes. give or take a minute or 2. should it have been changing right at midnight straight out of the box? or is the sellita movt inside of it just not made to do that? Also does changing the date at certain times of night damage the date mechanism? Any and all opinions or answers will be appreciated!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Many watches in all price ranges don't change at exactly midnight, yours is fine.
I believe it's recommended to not change the date between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. or thereabouts.
I've done this a few times however and the world did not end.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The date on my watches change at different times.

If I need to change the date on an automatic, I manually change it at around the 6 a.m. mark. I found this out within the last year and have been changing dates between 10-2 a.m. for many years without any noticeable damage but I'd rather be safe.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay guys well that certainly calms my worries a little. however then how is it that some watches do change exactly at midnight? what is different about them that makes them do so? im just curious! im always excited to learn more!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts