WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a modern Invicta with a Serial Numbers, I am going to take a guess and say the older (Real Invicta) did have one. However I have never seen a modern one with a Serial Number, if the modern ones did I would probably invest some more time and money on the Invicta Line.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
They have a serial number on the registration form that comes w/ the watch (this is different from the model number), but I have never actually seen one on a watch itself.
cottontop

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ditto on registration document that comes with watch but no numbers on watch. The closest is on limited editions it will have the watch number in that particular run such as 200/1000 etc.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
They have a serial number on the registration form that comes w/ the watch (this is different from the model number), but I have never actually seen one on a watch itself.
cottontop
The only time I could ever see a serial number meaning anything with Invicta's is for verification of "under warranty" service, or if [and who'd really want to] it were stolen. Otherwise, just wear it and don't think about serials. ;-) We are talking Invicta, not Omega. :-d

Randy

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes my paperwork has its serial # but how can they matched that serial number to that watch. For example I could take any 8926 and send it in with a registration card but how do they know that serial matches that number. Is number printed in the watch somewhere?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I *think* my two swiss made invictas have a serial number on the QC inspection check list.
My cheaper Invictas do not have a QC inspection check list.
None of my Invictas have a S/N on the watch itself.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yes my paperwork has its serial # but how can they matched that serial number to that watch. For example I could take any 8926 and send it in with a registration card but how do they know that serial matches that number. Is number printed in the watch somewhere?
They do not know... they have no way of knowing or tracking what watch goes with what S/N, because the watch itself does not have a S/N.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
They do not know... they have no way of knowing or tracking what watch goes with what S/N, because the watch itself does not have a S/N.
This could very well be the reason why their QC is in the dumper, my 2 invictas have serial numbers on their warranty card, and carbon paper warranty paper work as well. Suppose I sent in my watch for repair (not that it needs it) and a tech gets the box takes the watch out and mixes it up with another invicta same model, how will he know which is my watch if he has no serial number to go by?

Kramer like you said "they don't know"

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have quite a few with serial numbers. They tend to be the higher priced, swiss-made or swiss movement models, or "Reserve" models. Lower cost ones have no ingraved numbers.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I don't really know what you mean by modern. This one is from the last ten years and it has a S/N. It's one of the few I have, and it's the only one with a S/N. I thought my Sapphire Ghost had one, but I just looked and it didn't.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all that provided info, I am looking to get another diver's by this summer I am looking at Seiko and Citizen however there was one invicta that really caught my eye with that said it concerned me the issue of not having serial numbers because a nice diver's will run in $200-$300 and for that money I would like something nice at the sametime I want something that if I ever have to service it with the company it can be tracked and located and it is my watch that I get back not someone elses. I am pretty sure I will go with Seiko but Invicta did have a nice look to it and it doesn't appear to be a homage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts