WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just discovered this website, figured I might as well give it a chance. My house was robbed in October around Halloween. Among the 14k face value estimation, my Invicta Men's Pro Diver (Yellow tone 18k ion-plated) was stolen. I have a pamphlet in Japanese and that is it. The warranty and user guide. Sadly, the heist included above and beyond more meaningful and costly items than my $150 watch marked down from $500 :roll:, most notably my mothers custom made wedding ring, that is obviously the main piece of jewelery being hunted down, which has no serial number and is with no expectations of ever recovering any of the items. Because of the cost of the wedding ring, it wasn't worn on a daily basis but instead one gifted to her for an anniversary. Sadly because not all check our jewelry boxes regularly, unless it's time to look fancy, the exact date the items went missing isn't known. Suspects include two friends of over 10 years, and an ex-gf... Who broke up with me the weekend of my parents official announcement we had been robbed. It wasn't without reason, although said reason was a double standard that involved lying, but nothing to the scale of leaving me based on the amount of 'love' she had for me. Anyways thats the background story. All 'suspects' including me and my family since an insurance file was claimed, were allowed entry to the house, the 2 main suspects were given explicit directions that they could use the bathroom in my parents room, and without signs of forced entry, an exact date of theft, and all suspects having been granted permission on my property, none of them could be targeted in an investigation or served a search warrant as far as I have been led to believe.

TL;DR
Invicta Men's Pro Diver 13710 Yellow tone 18k Ion-Plated (Believe it said Deluxe Grand Diver or something along those liens lasered on the side) watch stolen. Location stolen from, Newport Beach, CA (Orange County). Possibly pawned or sold in neighboring counties, LA, San Diego, Riverside, etc. Remnants include the box, links, and user manual/warranty pamphlet. It is all in Japanese and of all the numbers listed in the pamphlet, non appear to be what I would consider the looks of a serial number. I think I remember it having two pieces of paper inside the display box, one white paper, and the yellow pamphlet. I pray the white paper wasn't the serial #, if they do serialize them, and if so would there be a way to link the S/N if it was purchased from a vendor on Amazon brand new? This occured between October and no later than November 10th. Anyone there that would have done it is smart enough to sit on it, or at least not craigslist it or pawn it in the same county. I don't expect to get it back, but my watch is the only thing that may have a serial I can find in this Japanese manual and get a hit from a pawnshop lol... and follow the trail to my mothers wedding ring. Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I feel for you loss, but you should not be stressing over this piece. It is extremely affordable (Retails for $150) Don't let Invicta's marketing tactics make you believe that you got the watch on markdown. I would be more concerned with them returning and targeting your house again. As for the watch consider it gone, buy another one. Other members here would be devastated if their collection was compromised. Rolex's and Omegas and what not. Take your losses and think about how it could have gone worse. Those thief's were probably some kids or some desperate dimwit that thinks he hit the lottery with what he stole due to the gold color. Take the precautions so that this will not happen again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On the contrary think about this, you now need yourself a new watch. One door closes while another opens. Looking into something a little better. No pun intended

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry, just read the post carefully. Let me rephrase my comment, Don't trust anyone and keep your most valuable possessions secure as possible. Sentimental value is priceless. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry, just read the post carefully. Let me rephrase my comment, Don't trust anyone and keep your most valuable possessions secure as possible. Sentimental value is priceless. Good luck to you.
Thank you as well as the others that responded. Yeah being able to find the watch if it had a serial number or I knew how to read Japanese would have been the lead for the real goods. The wedding ring stolen from my house thought to be worth 15k is more closer to 30k after a meeting with a jeweler. Apparently the price of sapphires has gone up, especially the purple kind...

Edit: Yeah I realized Invicta's marketing scheme after I got it as a gift. Listing at $650 kindly slashed to $150+/- All precious metals and minerals must go! Ha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts