WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know I just posted a new thread an hour ago but I've got another quick question. I'm also interested in picking up an Invicta Abyss Pro Diver with the white Mother of Pearl Dial and green bezel that, in my opinion looks awesome! My question, however, has more to do with the movement. What kind of movement does Invicta use in their Pro Divers? Is it very accurate? I don't want a watch that looks good but that doesn't perform. Your suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here is a pic of the exact model I'm interested in.

·
Registered
345 Posts
same.. my dad`s 8926 s2 has a very nice bracelet... solid links.. kinda thin for my taste but for sure a good bracelet!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I bought an Oceanghost and it had an awesome bracelet on it....the watch was 90 bucks shipped, has a Miyota movt and is accurate to -2 secs a day, good as my 2824-2 Mido........

·
Registered
615 Posts
First time I heard of a cheap bracelet claim for an Invicta.
It was lightweight, folded metal and it had rough edges rather than smooth edges. It just wasn't comfortable and had a cheap feel. I have an Alba and 4 Seikos in the same price range as the pro diver and their bracelets are much better, IMO, especially the Alba. That bracelet is amazing for a $120 watch. I have the 9937 which has an outstanding bracelet. Granted the 9937 is a more expensive watch but the difference in the 9937 bracelet and the Abyss bracelet was like night and day. I guess I expected better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought one in a different color combination. The bracelet was so cheap I sent the watch back for a refund.

As far as I know, the bracelet is identical to the 8926, and everyone knows that the 8926 bracelet is great, but that the 9937 bracelet is an upgrade..........

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've got it with the black bezel and white mother of pearl dial. I thought the bracelet was fantastic, especially for a watch at that price point. It's much, MUCH better than the bracelet that came on my Orient Beast. I say go for it, I love my Abyss!

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Motorboat,,,....

Did you buy it used? Per haps the previous owner switched out bracelets with something like a Seiko 5 which uses folded metal cheap bracelets like you described. I received a Seiko 5 from somewhere in Asia and it had a ridiculous cheap folded bracelet....maybe the bracelet I received on the Seiko 5 was switched out....really poor quality....:-D :-D :-D

It was lightweight, folded metal and it had rough edges rather than smooth edges. It just wasn't comfortable and had a cheap feel. I have an Alba and 4 Seikos in the same price range as the pro diver and their bracelets are much better, IMO, especially the Alba. That bracelet is amazing for a $120 watch. I have the 9937 which has an outstanding bracelet. Granted the 9937 is a more expensive watch but the difference in the 9937 bracelet and the Abyss bracelet was like night and day. I guess I expected better.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Motorboat,,,....

Did you buy it used? Per haps the previous owner switched out bracelets with something like a Seiko 5 which uses folded metal cheap bracelets like you described. I received a Seiko 5 from somewhere in Asia and it had a ridiculous cheap folded bracelet....maybe the bracelet I received on the Seiko 5 was switched out....really poor quality....:-D :-D :-D
I NEVER underwstood why Seiko does that. You have to look carefully on EBAY and other websites to notice it....might as well give you rubber strap cuz that IMO is not quality enough to be considered a SS bracelet

·
Registered
615 Posts
Motorboat,,,....

I got it brand new from ShopNBC. It's the 2690 model I think. Champagne with white mop dial. The bracelet to me was lightweight and like I said the most important thing was the edges were not smooth. That's just me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts