WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just wanted to see if I could get some opinions on Invicta watches. What do you guys have to say about their watches? Thanks in advance.

Zoom

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I joined WUS a year or so ago and learned much of what I know about watches here. All I heard was bad things about Invicta and as a result I have never tried one. I have the philosophy that if one person says the watch is bad, who knows,,,but if dozens complain then I stay away.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they are coming out with some high end stuff. I do think that they're more fashion watches though. OK, keep the opinions coming. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have owned a couple in the past, my opinion is for the money Seiko and Citizen make much higher quality watches.

Just my .02, MikeW

·
Registered
505 Posts
Makes for a good beater watch. I would'nt pay more than $250 for one though. Last bought one 2yrs ago. To many bad Invicta experiences posted here in the forum.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a couple in the past. In my opinion they have quality control issues, since they are mass produced. I have seen the hands fall off and the crowns break with minimal wear. I never plan to buy another. I would agree with MikeW, for the money either Seiko or Citizen are a better buy.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My watchrepair guy likes the ones with Swiss mechanical movements only.

Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a couple and have had no problems with either of them...although both of the ones that I have are Swiss mechanicals. Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones??;-)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have owned a couple in the past, my opinion is for the money Seiko and Citizen make much higher quality watches.

Just my .02, MikeW
Ditto. I own one and it just rots in the closet. I got it as a gift. Quality seems low but so does the price. Doesn't leak and runs +20 secs per day. Many have solid Citizen (or Miyota) auto movements. The finishing is very poor on the dial. It is also seen as a knock-off watch company by many. Buy a Seiko or Citizen instead if that's the budget. For a more exotic feel than your standard Seiko divers - at a great price - check out the Seiko Samurai.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all your comments. I pretty much agree with what you've all said about Invicta. They're cheap and it's reflected in their products. I just had to ask because they seem to be putting out a large number of products.

What's a Seiko Samurai???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.