WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,
I have a 250 gram watch that I think is too heavy to wear. But, to put this in context I'd like to hear your opinions.

Thanks.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
Is it on bracelet? Can you put a strap on it? It would be too heavy for me as well as a daily watch. I don't mind a heavier watch for short periods, but for all day at work the lighter and more comfortable the better.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
250g feel awkward in steel because it normally takes up a large volume. But 250g in tungsten is just awesome.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Yes, too heavy. Especially on a leather strap. I sold my Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro diver because it was too heavy for me at 229g. on its stock leather strap. I can't stand bracelets. Perhaps one of those would have made it feel less heavy, but perhaps not. Loved that watch, but had to sell it mainly due to the weight.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
the DSSD and PO are worn daily by many WIS and Non-WIS...those are quite heavy for daily wear but those are not ridiculous:)
From what I've seen, the majority of people who wear watches of that bulk level don't carry off the look nearly as well as they probably think they do.

Maybe not outright ridiculous (although it can be), but far from optimal. Most will discover that having a quarter-kilo slab of steel on the wrist gets old real fast.

·
Registered
810 Posts
anything over 200 grams will start feeling heavy and unbalanced for average watch wearers

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
See, this is exactly why we need more watches in titanium!! LOL.

Anyway, I don't mind heft if I can get a good fit from the bracelet. The only watches I wear on a strap of any kind are dress watches, which don't have any considerable weight to them. I'm used to my Pulsar PM-7001 (my heaviest watch) and my SKX171 on Yobokies' Oyster bracelet (if anyone knows how much it weighs, I'd love to know). I am looking to get the Chris Ward Trident next, so I'd love to know how much my other watches weigh in comparison...

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
My Seiko Ananta weighs about that. I enjoy the watch and will wear it several weeks at a time but I'm glad that my other watches weigh less. I wouldn't recommend it unless you really love the watch for other reasons. I also probably won't buy anything that heavy again.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,025 Posts
Hi y'all,
I have a 250 gram watch that I think is too heavy to wear. But, to put this in context I'd like to hear your opinions.

Thanks.
If you think it is too heavy to wear then it is too heavy...for you. That said, you might try wearing the watch for a couple of weeks and see if you don't become accustomed to the weight. However, I wonder if your concern about weight also involves concern about the size, i.e. diameter, height, lug-to-lug distance. It may look too big as well as feel bulky and ill fitting.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Yes, too heavy. Especially on a leather strap. I sold my Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro diver because it was too heavy for me at 229g. on its stock leather strap. I can't stand bracelets. Perhaps one of those would have made it feel less heavy, but perhaps not. Loved that watch, but had to sell it mainly due to the weight.
While a bracelet may have balanced it out a little more, it would have just made it feel even heavier.

Reactions: Monocrom

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
From what I've seen, the majority of people who wear watches of that bulk level don't carry off the look nearly as well as they probably think they do.

Maybe not outright ridiculous (although it can be), but far from optimal. Most will discover that having a quarter-kilo slab of steel on the wrist gets old real fast.
I agree completely. It looks silly on most to be honest. It's the trend but it's goofy.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
1 - 20 of 70 Posts