WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Stupid question... Of course a pink watch can be worn by men. I have several and only get great comments. It's just the person who wears them that make the difference. If you are confident enough to wear it, then it's an uber masculine watch.

I think Chris Martin wears it because he likes the watch instead of thinking what other people might think of him.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Waaaay too feminine...

I understand the interest in bright colors, but pink simply doesn't count. I'd have come home missing all my teeth if I dared wear that in my old neighborhood.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Stupid question...
Thanks but I really don't think it's a stupid question. I think a lot of people seeing a guy wearing a pink watch will assume he is gay.

Chris Martin can get away with it because everyone knows who he is married to, and that he is not gay. I've also only seen him wear the pink one once. He usually wears a yellow one.

But for me for example, people who see me in every day life or on the street, etc. don't know me.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i think yes...unless there is some black lines in the design... pink+black is a strong and nice combo

·
Registered
935 Posts
Chris Martin of Coldplay can get away with it, but what do you think? Can most guys pull it off?:

Personally, I don't associate any colour with sexual preference - I thought that was the sort of thing that only children did.

You should wear whatever colour watch that you fancy, with whatever colour clothes you fancy - if other people are so immature as to 'judge' you for that, well.................

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I think a lot of people seeing a guy wearing a pink watch will assume he is gay.
Somehow that thought never crossed my mind. It takes more than just a watch I think to assume anything about another person's sexuality. This thread reminds me that my DW-6900CC doesn't get enough wristtime :-d:-d (well it's not pink I admit):

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'd say im a pretty masculine guy, and I wear my HOT PINK gshock all the time. This ones from the "lovers collection 2010" and my lovely lady has the baby-g mate to it. Never thought twice about people thinking something about me, im definitely dont associate any colors with being "gay."

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
First person I thought of when I read the title was Sjors :-d I've seen many pictures with him proudly sporting them. I on the other hand, am not man enough to sport a pink watch, to flashy, I don't like getting the extra attention that comes with wearing one.:rodekaart

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i want a pink G so bad, but the only one avail. right now is the pink riseman which is expensive

I ignore the pink 6900 since I don't dig 6900

so the pink 5600 from the lovers collection is in my wishlist - definitely

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Im not sure where sexual orientation fits into this conversation. I would be cautious with sweeping stereotypes regarding orientation.

Reminder:
2 Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members and the moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry or foul language. Members who have personal issues with other members and moderators must resolve their differences outside the forum. Watchuseek policy is not to discuss issues with other forums.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I'm back.

Too much bigotry in this thread for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.