WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have two SS 'classic' Omegas {and the SMf300 with baton hands and stick index's like the date-just} that I can wear everyday I have been wondering if my 80s date-just will get much time on my wrist. I have been lusting after a PO chrono for years and the posters here on WUS convinced me [back then] that I should definitely 'NOT' sell my '64 rlx GMT to fund a new PO. (at least from what I remember-the opinion ran about 90% against selling and that I should keep GMT and wait until I could buy the PO used or new.)

But now that the 80s SS date-just just sits there in all its perfection I was wondering if it would be considered an even/fair trade for a non-chrono used PO in exchange for an excellent condition 80s SS date-just?
{obviously-all variables from condition to authenticity would have to be satisfied on both parts but I am speaking in general since I have not decided on anything definite}

Also(and this is just to squelch any lingering unrealistic ideas I may entertain now and again)-I am definitely NOT going to find someone willing to trade my vint 80s Date-just for a used chrono PO-am I?? I looked at retail prices of used chrono PO's and it looks like a date-just is much more on par with a non-chrono PO. But-I only know what I see on the 'bay' and havent checked in depth on used prices. I wouldnt care if the PO had some wear and tear as long as it was authentic, original and in exc. mech. shape-like my rlx. Anyway-its just an idea for now.

-thanks for any time and input. I appreciate opinions good or bad. here is a not-so-great pict of the date-just on an original oyster bracelet {although I think whether black or orange bezel-I have always liked the orange stitched leather band on the PO}:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think it's a fair trade value-wise but I don't know why someone would trade a PO for such a different type of watch (though it's a nice specimen you have there). You might be better off selling to fund a PO purchase. But you never know...

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well-like me-somebody who has enough plain SS watches and can afford to trade for something different. On the other hand-maybe there are fanatics who have 2,3 , 4 or more PO's and may want to part with one for a plain, elegant, classic SS watch, premium brand, and can be worn at times when a dive watch is just not the right watch. But:

I also have some decent vintage divers but not a PO. And you may be right 23_ The type of guy who is into a PO may just not be the right person to trade for a plain date-just. As nice an example as it is-its just kind of ho-hum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts