WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a glass screen protector on their G Shock with mineral glass crystal?
Luckily my G Shock has sapphire, but i dont want the lack of sapphire to be a deal breaker for me in the future when i consider buying a new G Shock, because i can't stand a scratched crystal...

·
Registered
884 Posts
It does depend on what you use your G for. I have quite a number of G's with mineral glass on extended daily wearing but never got a crystal scratch on any of them. Mostly typical indoor desk diving only. Usually they got scratched on the strap retainers or buckle instead which is hardly avoidable.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I'm not normal, I add screen protector on mineral and sapphire, in all watches.
I produce myself the screen protector, using transparent film, the same used to protect car body around wheel, and a cutter... Amazon and ebay to buy...
I know perfectly the film is maniac because it is very difficult to damage the glass, and in sapphire is impossible. I replace it every quarter if I use the watch as default..

I protect also back cover, I love more than metal on my skin.
The Frogman has small film, I add one bigger...

Finally, protection on the band keeper, very useful because damage by desk...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I put my Gs in a condom for extra scratch water and std resist.
I produce myself the screen protector, using transparent film, the same used to protect car body around wheel, and a cutter... Amazon and ebay to buy...
I know perfectly the film is maniac because it is very difficult to damage the glass, and in sapphire is impossible. I replace it every quarter if I use the watch as default..

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are amazing. (=
Thanks!

·
Registered
611 Posts
you are normal person and smart amigo lol and was i go asking this question about protector
but the problem is about solar charging ?? is the watch stay charging by the same way befor
and what about light in dark

pleas give me a name of the protector << is it the dark protector who using in windows ??

·
Registered
1,829 Posts

We are both normal ;-) I also cover the casebacks and glass with car film adhesive thingy... if i had a g with a metal keeper, id also wrap it... if i own a combi bracelet, the buckles would get 100% wrapped in film... :)

·
Registered
3,862 Posts

What kind of film is it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a few 40mm screen protectors (meant for Daniel Wellington watches) and cut them for all my 5 g shocks.

No thanks to that scratch that is on my g5600:( still puzzles me how it got scratched last year

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Does using that cutter not produce a hole right at the center of the protector? And, if it does, does that not drive you nuts?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Yes the cutter produces a small hole, I think not a problem, but you can avoid using a tool included, a disk to support the sharp, but please use a small adhesive tape to fix it on the film, because moves during the cutting process...

·
Registered
19,160 Posts

I wonder what your doctor might say about your OCD

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Yes the cutter produces a small hole, I think not a problem, but you can avoid using a tool included, a disk to support the sharp, but please use a small adhesive tape to fix it on the film, because moves during the cutting process...

i use scissors to cut mine and.... well... its not pretty lol

Ot: Sorry for the mixture of dust and dead skin cells. Did not clean the watch before taking the pic :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Scissors have always put me off doing this, but I wasn't aware of those very neat cutters (which I've now purchased off Ebay for a few quid!). I also have a few spare 'phone screen protectors' which I'll use, OCD, moi? LOL

Reactions: kcohS-G
1 - 20 of 40 Posts