WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only recently started checking out German watches and it seems to me that a lot of them are made in Glashütte. A.Lange & Soehne being one of the most prominent. I started to wonder if this town is worth visiting. I live in a small village called Dagersheim just outside of Stuttgart. It would be a short day trip to the Black Forest and I love visiting the Black Forest!

Anyone been to Glashütte and would you recommend it?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
American here so I haven't visited but all I can say is if you do go please take photos and update us. Several of the companies there do guided tours so you could easily spend a day or two there taking in all there is to see in regards to watches. I always thought that Junghans and Stowa were in the Black Forest, isn't Glashutte on the other side of Germany? I could be wrong though as I've never studied German geography.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I always thought that Junghans and Stowa were in the Black Forest, isn't Glashutte on the other side of Germany? I could be wrong though as I've never studied German geography.
Nope, you're correct. Glasshütte is just south of Dresden. That's quite a long day's trip from Stuttgart.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,670 Posts
It is not Glashütten in the Black Forest, Glashütte in Saxony it is. So it is more than a day trip from Stuttgart to Glashütte (close to Dresden).

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,670 Posts
...and I thought Junghans is located in Schramberg, about 120 km far from Pforzheim. No ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh dang it!!! :). There's a village in the western part of the Black Forest just north of Baiersbronn that is also named Glashütte!!! It's only 1hr45min from me. Such a bummer!

But I've heard that Dresden is an beautiful city so that might be worth a visit, with a detour to Glashütte, SA of course!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts