WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked pacparts and saw the photo listed for the GMWB5000RD-4. The crystal says “titanium” on it but the band and bezel are listed as steel. Is it actually going to use both materials or did they use the wrong concept photo?

Here’s the link: Casio GMWB5000RD-4 Parts and Accessories

And image I’m referring to:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting, though. The PacParts photo has a black bordered crystal, similar to the one used on the TB/TCM models, and early "leaks" from a Chinese site posted by Zona Casio in July actually show a version of the "production" crystal with a red border but the word TITANIUM along the top in both. So either someone in Casio's photoshop rendering department screwed up or this was originally planned to be a titanium watch.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I am guessing that it will be the same color as my mtg-b2000 bezel...if so, it'll be loud, but damn good looking.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm sure they will, if they're officially offering it in the UK you'll be getting it too.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I'm sure they will, if they're officially offering it in the UK you'll be getting it too.
I Read the article that @GaryK30 linked to; the US is getting it. in fact, you can pre-order it at the G-Shock website and I believe Topper as well.

I'm going to order it via Topper, before I change my mind. $600 msrp. I guess I can wait and hope the price goes down, but don't want to miss out (FOMO ).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Please take some pictures when you get it, I really considering getting one myself, id like to know how the colour is as the Casio website sometimes isn't the best indicator. My gold square looks different in the flesh than the Casio pictures.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Please take some pictures when you get it, I really considering getting one myself, id like to know how the colour is as the Casio website sometimes isn't the best indicator. My gold square looks different in the flesh than the Casio pictures.
Of course!

It's surprises me that there's very few real life pictures online of the watch. After all, it was released in China in November

1 - 18 of 18 Posts