WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the 3044 and 3048. I quite liked the design and color. The price surprisingly is very affordable at $130-$140 plus shipping. But is it worth the quality and money compare to a $200 or $300 seiko?

From the picture, the bracelet looks quite thick and solid. So is the casing. The only thing I am concern is, it maybe abit slightly too big at 47mm. If they make it 45mm, I think it will be perfect

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Sounds like you know exactly what you're buying. Being an educated consumer is the perfect place to be.

Either the Miyota 8200 or Seiko NH series should be quite reliable.

If you like this particular watch, I say buy it. :-!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Try to get a new version with the NH35A. I have an old version 3049 with the Miyota and it runs really well. My only issue with it is the case and bracelet are highly polished and show scratches very easily. The Grand Diver and Pro Diver lines are the only Invicta's worth owning. I believe the ones you are looking at are available with the newer movements.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
If I were you, I would go with Orient Mako, Seiko 007/Monster, or Seagull Dragon King instead.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you know exactly what you're buying. Being an educated consumer is the perfect place to be.

Either the Miyota 8200 or Seiko NH series should be quite reliable.

If you like this particular watch, I say buy it. :-!
Thanks! You can read my mind. I just got an orange watch. I have the blue, white and black(plenty) dive watch. Next best color and logical step will be yellow.

Stumble across this beast. I will admit, I will immediately buy it if its slightly smaller at 45mm. The fact its the new NH35A even make it more sweet. I dont have watch winder. So manual wind to me is important.

I saw the youtube review, real tempting. The quality looks real good, like a $600 quality watch. Can't believe you can get this watch for less than $150.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If I were you, I would go with Orient Mako, Seiko 007/Monster, or Seagull Dragon King instead.
I am looking for a fairly bigger size watch 43mm or above but the Scuba or Orient force which is in the range I am looking cost more than $400.. Dragon King is an ugly watch which I will not even willing to pay $100 for it.

That is why I am looking at Invicta. Yes, their marketing maybe a bit dishonest. But end of the day, they hardly sell any of those watch in exorbitant price to consumer. Probably, some dealer did that but I believe Invicta did give the best pricing for consumer. The most I am willing to spend is $150 for my next purchase.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks! You can read my mind. I just got an orange watch. I have the blue, white and black(plenty) dive watch. Next best color and logical step will be yellow.

Stumble across this beast. I will admit, I will immediately buy it if its slightly smaller at 45mm. The fact its the new NH35A even make it more sweet. I dont have watch winder. So manual wind to me is important.

I saw the youtube review, real tempting. The quality looks real good, like a $600 quality watch. Can't believe you can get this watch for less than $150.
The quality is nowhere near the $500< range. I'd check one out in person before buying. I was immediately turned off as soon as I picked one up.

·
Premium Member
10,024 Posts
At that price it's lilkely to be a decent purchase. I'd still recommend a Seiko or Orient instead but if you have already made up your mind about this one, enjoy. I just won't reinforce a company whose practices I find fundamentally objectionable by giving them my money.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The quality is nowhere near the $500< range. I'd check one out in person before buying. I was immediately turned off as soon as I picked one up.
Not sure, how you define that? Probably, your quality range standard is very high.

I previously own an Sandoz($320) sub which powered by an ETA 2824. The bracelet is not as thick and quality as the one I seen in video of Grand Diver. It too has an SEL, bezel I will say is same of both. Casing wise, from video. I will rank it better than Sandoz. The clasp and deep engraving of grand diver on it is a plus. Usually deep engraving is reserve for expensive watch.

The grand diver rotor is very beautiful painted with curly words of 'Invicta'. I sold my sandoz sub becos I dont feel the presense of it size(41mm) on my wrist. The backcase is quite boring too... Lume is decent but not my expectation.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I ask myself. Is invicta grand diver worth getting? YES!!!

Finally arrive today and is as good as many positive review talk about it. Mine is the NH35A version, love it. Manual wind is very smooth. Hacking works as advertise.

The watch build is solid. I have no complaint of the casing and bracelet. The deep and clasp engraving of grand diver and invicta wording is a nice touch up. Can't believe this watch cost you less than $115 for this big watch.

The backcase with display case show the beautiful rotor decorated by invicta. Much better than the plain Miyota 8215 rotor of the previous version.

The only complaint I have for this watch is the cyclops is slightly off but not a big deal since I can heat it up and remove it. The lume is only decent ,not as great as some stated. But other than that, this is a very fantastic price to quality ratio watch. I am very happy to own this and I will wear it often since I can easily buy another one if lost or damage. If brand is not your main concern. Invicta grand diver shall not be overlook for any WIS collection.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Glad you like it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I saw the 3044 and 3048. I quite liked the design and color. The price surprisingly is very affordable at $130-$140 plus shipping. But is it worth the quality and money compare to a $200 or $300 seiko?

From the picture, the bracelet looks quite thick and solid. So is the casing. The only thing I am concern is, it maybe abit slightly too big at 47mm. If they make it 45mm, I think it will be perfect

Depends what you expect. I bought a 3044 at Discount Watches for $105, free shipping. I have seen them even for 99 bucks free shipping. I personally would not pay much more. I have the NH35A movement, I had to ask for it. It is a pretty good watch, when I compare it to my Seiko Monster side by side. I can see it is not in the same league as the Seiko. Also, it did have losing time issues for the first week or two. It did straighten itself out and keeps excellent time now. Would I recommend it, for around a hundred bucks I would, not much more. Invicta is of questionable quality and the customer service sucks. At least with Seiko, Citizen, etc. One basically knows what one gets. Also, the size is not an issue with me. I have an average size wrist. I have the black face, the watch is evident, but not out there visually. I've had no comments on the watch at all. It's fairly comfortable to wear. From one to ten, ten being the best. It would be no more than a five. Of course that's for a hundred bucks. Good luck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks!

I just finish relume this beast diver with C3..

With 300m WR, now this really looks like a grand$$$$ diver watch with its lume burining brightly.
Wow congratulations that's an amazing watch!!
I myself got a 8926 OBV3 with the same movement that you have and it should be arriving in a couple of days.

One question, how did you do the relume?
Where can I buy What's needed?
I have a friend thats a watch repairman, he works on Rolexes and other expensive watches, so of you can point me to what to buy I can have him do the work because that just looks AMAZING!!!

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow congratulations that's an amazing watch!!
I myself got a 8926 OBV3 with the same movement that you have and it should be arriving in a couple of days.

One question, how did you do the relume?
Where can I buy What's needed?
I have a friend thats a watch repairman, he works on Rolexes and other expensive watches, so of you can point me to what to buy I can have him do the work because that just looks AMAZING!!!
Thanks for yr kind word. Glad you like my work. After relume this beast, I really fall in love with it. The yellow dial is real sexy. The lume is great , almost as good as my Omega PO. This watch is a steal at less than $150. I don't care what other say about seiko or whatever. I love the design, it's big and color is unique and is a very practical dive watch. 300m WR, a solid NH35A movt which hacks, hand wind and auto wind. And it's dirt cheap. I know seiko has a limited edition yellow sumo but cost $800 plus. The price is crazy compare to this invicta. I am a modder and I don't mind work on this watch to make it perfect. It has its flaw but you can't disregard it's merit too. Just the casing and bracelet is worth every penny of $150 u paid.

Show you more of its glory.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for yr kind word. Glad you like my work. After relume this beast, I really fall in love with it. The yellow dial is real sexy. The lume is great , almost as good as my Omega PO. This watch is a steal at less than $150. I don't care what other say about seiko or whatever. I love the design, it's big and color is unique and is a very practical dive watch. 300m WR, a solid NH35A movt which hacks, hand wind and auto wind. And it's dirt cheap. I know seiko has a limited edition yellow sumo but cost $800 plus. The price is crazy compare to this invicta. I am a modder and I don't mind work on this watch to make it perfect. It has its flaw but you can't disregard it's merit too. Just the casing and bracelet is worth every penny of $150 u paid.

Show you more of its glory.

Yes that is true. I saw the grand diver last week at a friends jewelery store and it was an amazing watch. Its a bit too big for my wrist because I'm not that big so I got the 8926 because it's 40mm and in sure I will love it too. Can't wait for it to arrive, only a couple more days lol.

Any way, Excelent work and great watch

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've got a ProDiver (43mm) Model 1001 with the NH35 and after a slight adjustment this movement is very accurate, I've had it almost a year and the only thing I've noticed it the winder/weight thingy :) (brain fart) is a little tight and you have to wear it all the time or it will run down ..I was wearing a G-Shock for work and wearing the ProDiver for about 5-6 hours a day and it would run down after 3-4 days..
Also the lum is great.. Last all night(with night eyes :) what I mean is if you wake up at 6 in morning it's still glowing enough to see/read it, probably too dim if you've been up in the light and go get it in a dark room..to read it..
Haven't tried the waterproofing but overal I'm happy with Invicta..

Reactions: Triton9
1 - 20 of 29 Posts