WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I bought a new G-9200GY and I am not really sure if its real or fake, cause on the back its got "Made in Thailand" and on the backle it has "Casio" and under that "China". I hope that someone could help me.
Thank you very much to all helpers!

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Interesting though, my Riseman is made in Japan for the European market (dragon on the back) and has a 3147 module rather than the 3148 marked on this one.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Interesting though, my Riseman is made in Japan for the European market (dragon on the back) and has a 3147 module rather than the 3148 marked on this one.
3147 module is the GW-9200 solar/atomic Riseman
3148 module is the G-9200 solar only Riseman

·
Registered
978 Posts
3147 - solar/atomic/Imperial units module with Dragon for the black Riseman GW-9200-1/ER/DR.
3148 - solar/non-atomic/Imperial units module with Dragon for all Riseman.

3145 - solar/atomic/Metric units module with Flying Squirrel for all JPN Riseman :)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
3147 - solar/atomic/Imperial units module with Dragon for the black Riseman GW-9200-1/ER/DR.

3145 - solar/atomic/Metric units module with Flying Squirrel for all JPN Riseman :)
Explains everything...
Thanks.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
just FYI concerning the production place - because of the flood in Thailand it looks like Casio produced all the Master of G models - after the destruction of the Casio plant - like Mudman, Riseman, etc. in Japan - before it was Thailand (except for the Frogman). But I guess it will be only temporarily - so I'd consider the ones with "Japan" on the back something like a collector's item.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts

Ha ha, we were probably busy being replying the same time. I overlooked the Atomic vs non-Atomic geature and was only looking for the metric and imperial units. No idea how I could have missed the Atomic feature in the 3147 manual :-d

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts