WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

You know, of all the watches I have owned (well over 150), I have never owned a square / rectangular (tonneau) shaped watch!

I found these pictures on Worldlux and can't stop :p !!!

What do you guys think. HIP to be aquare???

·
Registered
739 Posts
I agree, it's a cool looking Ball even though I've never considered that shape before. A square ball seems like a contradiction of terms.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Marc--I have a Conductor Arabic Limted Edition with back dial. It is a handsome watch--classy and dressy looking. Highly polished case and bracelet for more formal look. Very comfortable to wear. I do like this GMT version too! :-!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was in their store last weekend and tried Conductor Arabic Limited Edition, on a perfect brown very-soft croc strap. Watch is curved to fit the wrist. I was so close to get it...but then, I can't have every watch I like. :-(

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Cool indeed... but prob runs a little narrow for me (35.5mm or 38mm?). That has the same GMT hand as the GMT shown in groundhog's pic of 4 balls. What would have been cool would be to have the tubes form the triangle of the GMT hand instead of just another straight stick...|>

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I believe this watch is based on an older Ball Wristwatch style. Perhaps Marc or Jeremy can shed a little light on it.

Very classy watch indeed!

·
Registered
837 Posts
hmm never had a square watch don't think I ever will.

I prefer round.

Ok maybe Patek Nautilus or AP Royal Oak,,,

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Imho, it's definitely hip to be square! :-!

I got to try on a Conductor Chronograph w/bracelet, and I LOVED it! The smallish sounding case diameter measurement of it, 38.5mm, is a bit misleading, imho. The Conductor Chrono wears much bigger than the numbers let on. I loved how it draped on my wrist, I loved how beautifully detailed the dial was, and I loved that very nicely domed tv screen crystal! The only thing that held me back, besides the price(which is a bit out of my reach), was how the case and bracelet are all high polished...beautiful as all get out...but a bit too blingy for me. Now, if Ball were to offer it in a nice blending of both polished and satin brushed areas, to make it just a bit sportier(and just a bit less full-on dressy) and more versatile...I would find a way to afford it! :-d

Marc, buddy, I think you need a Conductor GMT! ;-)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I believe this watch is based on an older Ball Wristwatch style. Perhaps Marc or Jeremy can shed a little light on it.

Very classy watch indeed!
The Conductor series is based on a 1920s Ball design. You can find more detail about it on the Museum section of the website or the Ball catalogue.

Imho, it's definitely hip to be square! :-!

I got to try on a Conductor Chronograph w/bracelet, and I LOVED it! The smallish sounding case diameter measurement of it, 38.5mm, is a bit misleading, imho. The Conductor Chrono wears much bigger than the numbers let on. I loved how it draped on my wrist, I loved how beautifully detailed the dial was, and I loved that very nicely domed tv screen crystal! The only thing that held me back, besides the price(which is a bit out of my reach), was how the case and bracelet are all high polished...beautiful as all get out...but a bit too blingy for me. Now, if Ball were to offer it in a nice blending of both polished and satin brushed areas, to make it just a bit sportier(and just a bit less full-on dressy) and more versatile...I would find a way to afford it! :-d

Marc, buddy, I think you need a Conductor GMT! ;-)
No matter where I go around the globe, the Conductor Chronograph is one of the Ball watches I always see on the wrists of Ball employees, distributors and retailers. To me, that speaks volumes about the watch.

Regards,
Jeremy Hogan
Ball Watch Company, Inc.

·
Registered
944 Posts
What a Sweet Dress watch! But i think a DLC case with a Black leather strap would be pretty neat twist?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not much of a tonneau person, but I got a tonneau shaped Timex as a gift many years ago...and I wore it for a good year before the strap broke (the pins broke, and each time I get new pins, they break / fall off...so I gave up trying).

Getting back to the point, I quite enjoyed it - they tend to look much better on the wrist than off it...especially if they sit high. I'd recommend wearing one before you make the call, Marc...but ofcourse, you knew that already ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not much of a tonneau person, but I got a tonneau shaped Timex as a gift many years ago...and I wore it for a good year before the strap broke (the pins broke, and each time I get new pins, they break / fall off...so I gave up trying).
Actually quite an interesting story there I want to share with you folks. The first time the pins broke were in a watch store, and I was putting on and taking my watch off between trying out some of the store's watches...I liked a watch in the display, and asked for it...took off my Timex to try it and the pins gave way...that was disappointing...but when I put on the new one, I knew the watch gave way for a reason...I still have the new watch...I still wear it occasionally and like it every bit!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Actually quite an interesting story there I want to share with you folks. The first time the pins broke were in a watch store, and I was putting on and taking my watch off between trying out some of the store's watches...I liked a watch in the display, and asked for it...took off my Timex to try it and the pins gave way...that was disappointing...but when I put on the new one, I knew the watch gave way for a reason...I still have the new watch...I still wear it occasionally and like it every bit!
Hi Ghoul,

It sounds like that new watch was not only calling to you; it also put the voodoo on your Timex, to make sure that you'd take her home with you! :-d
Just out of curiosity, what make was that new watch?

Cool story, Ghoul! Thanks! ;-)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Ghoul,

It sounds like that new watch was not only calling to you; it also put the voodoo on your Timex, to make sure that you'd take her home with you! :-d
Just out of curiosity, what make was that new watch?

Cool story, Ghoul! Thanks! ;-)
Hiya Geoff. T'was nothing fancy - but I quite liked it...it's a Kenneth Cole Reaction Quartz. And you're right...I wasnt so sure I wanted to buy another quartz, but the Timex giving way was a sign that I needed a new watch...especially since I liked the new one I was holding so much :) I was taken aback at it hapenning at that instant and took it as a sign - I'm easily convinced when it comes to buying new watches. My fiance is already rolling her eyes :roll:...I'm trying to buy all the stuff I can before d-day...picked up a Omega SMP 2220.80 that I've ALWAYS wanted to have a week ago...haha! Now only if I could have another Ball and a Panerai...sigh.

Here's a QnD of the Kenneth Cole...hope its ok to post a pic of a non-Ball watch here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts