WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Is this rotating bezel on a chronograph completely useless and a big no no? Maybe this is normal and I'm completely oblivious? Someone correct me!

Saw an article today about this watch. Actually looks quite nice design wise at first glance so I went to take a closer look. Then I see that rotating diver bezel. Where's the tachymeter? Is this a dive watch? No! Come on people!

Watch Photograph Analog watch White Light

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Much rather have a bezel with either 60 minutes or 12 hrs marking. Or no bezel at all. Tachymeter is one of the scale that I dont find any use for.

probably the 1 thing I didn't like on my speedmaster.

Sinn 103 for reference. Perfect with a rotating timing bezel

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jack Heuer: In the autumn of 1961 I decided with my production team to create a new “Autavia” as a wrist chronograph. Until then we had never added a turning bezel to one of our wrist chronographs. We therefore designed this new “Autavia” to have a turning black bezel with a choice of division markers. A bezel with 60 separate one-minute divisions, for example, would allow the wearer to set a marker for a defined interval of less than one hour; a 12-hour division would allow the time in another time zone to be displayed; and divisions of 1/100th of a minute would be useful for time study purposes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ya the Diver bezel seems out of place on a chrono, but chances are more people would get use of a Diver "timer" bezel than a Tachy :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
11,056 Posts
Its just you. My Sinn 757UTC has a bidirectional bezel that is VERY useful and is actually used by me routinely. Its a big part of why that watch is both my favorite of all time and has consistently gotten the most wrist time over the past 12 years of ownership.

Watch Analog watch Photograph Clock Font

·
Registered
176 Posts
Diving chromos are actually really cool, and I at least know what to do with them. A tachometer is like wearing a slide rule to me. It just makes me feel dumb staining blankly at it while I scratch my head and realize not going into engineering was a good life choice.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Always a bold strategy to start a thread with "is it just me..." :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Docrwm

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
... Is this rotating bezel on a chronograph completely useless and a big no no? Maybe this is normal and I'm completely oblivious? Someone correct me!

Saw an article today about this watch. Actually looks quite nice design wise at first glance so I went to take a closer look. Then I see that rotating diver bezel. Where's the tachymeter? Is this a dive watch? No! Come on people!

View attachment 16365348
Tachymeter is decoration. At least you can use this bezel to time your car parking.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Why is it useless? Tachymeter is pretty much completely useless, far more useless than a timing bezel. Do you own a Speedy Pro?

Plenty of chronos out there with rotating bezels. Nice watch; only the 100m rating (fine for light diving I suppose) could be a bit beefier.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
While I can see the utility of the timing bezel, it is redundant for this particular chronograph watch IMHO. Tachy bezel would have been my choice and for people who find it useless, I don't know why it would be as Tachy can be used for MANY things. Like how many shirts I can fold in an hour, how many dishes I can do in an hour, etc. :) Pretty much anything that can be done within a minute can be calculated.

Reactions: GrouchoM

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not weird at all. Very much a useful feature, but I agree with others, it would be nice if it had a 1-11 bezel. I've owned a few dive/pilot chronographs over the years, and they were true "tool" watches. My last, a Damasko DC67 with a 1-11 bezel allowed me to keep track of the time while my wife was traveling internationally and use the chrono feature to time some steaks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You tell me which works better?

Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

I used to love the DS First, but then realized the DS-2 looks more like a chrongraph should.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
I can’t remember the last time I used a bezel for anything but they look good and I like them.

If I want to time something I use my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts