WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love watches for a lot of reasons, obviously the movement etc

but sure we all agree that the way the watch looks is very important, I for instance love watches with lovely dials, and applied logos etc, and Ive owned Rolex datejusts due to the lovely applied crown logo, but I also have Seiko 5's.. which cost £50 and also have amazing dial work (look at the quality in the macro shot)

do I have a point, NO, just want to see what everyone thinks is the best quality workmanship they own..

P3130189.JPG

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Hands down it's my Grand Seiko SBGR083. Every single little detail was painstakingly thought of and implemented with precision, unrivaled [IMHO] by watches costing even more:

GS Forum Desk 4-23.JPG GS 4-25.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
27,051 Posts
Many watches are so similar, that it's the little details that set apart certain watches as special from other pieces that are just ordinary. I've always really loved the waves only Seamaster, depending on the lighting they go from invisible to holy-cow-wow.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
The best finish in my watch box lies with my Citizen Signature Grand Classic. My only gripe is the "hole" in the center of the dial for the stem that drives the hands, it just feels like an oversight that should have been addressed.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Probably this from my collection

Love the white gold hands and markers, the engraving and the sharpness of it all.

Reactions: RBrylawski

·
Registered
909 Posts
This one, by far

All the other watches i own /ed, were from micro manufacturers and cost so much less, than that big fellah, lol

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The way it looks is the primary factor in anything.

It may have lots of cool factors such as movement but you wont see these when you have it on.

·
Registered
768 Posts
all these new watches are really nice and i own a few and continue to be tempted by some more. i mean the industry has perfected the art of making really nice and reliable watches. just too much choice for us today.

BUT its the vintage watches that mesmerize me the most as you can almost see the painstaking craftsmanship from a time where there were no robots or cnc machines and pretty much every thing in a watch had to be handmade. Not perfect but I still see a lot more quality than the machine pressed dials or machine cut appliques.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts