WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have various hobbies one of which is amateur radio. If you ask any amateur radio operator anywhere in the world, most of them well tell you that you have this obsession with always looking for antennas, whether it be on top of the tower, or on the chimney stack, it's something that you just can't stop yourself from doing when you are out and about. I find myself doing the same when it comes to watches, whenever I see somebody on the telly wearing a nice watch, I will do my best to try and work out what sort it is, whether it's just cheap watch, or a prestige well-known make. I suppose that's what comes with having an interest in nice watches, you're not only interested in what you are wearing, but what other people are wearing as well.

Reactions: Peteworrall

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
No, it is normal. First I check how a persons teeth look like. Then the watch.
On ladies, I tend to stop and check halfway between the teeth and the watch. Natural. Healthy!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You're not a true WIS if the first thing you do upon encountering another person isn't identify the watch they are wearing and subsequently forming an opinion on them because of what choice they have made...

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
More than once I realize that I'm tilting my head or adopting some strange postures to take a better look at someone's watch...
I hope it doesn't get any worse than this!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I do the same thing. When I see a watch I find particularly interesting, I usually make the mistake of telling whomever I'm with, usually my wife, who couldn't care less.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ditto. Very normal.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like to notice nice watches but it isn't the first thing I use to make an assessment on a person.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
More than once I realize that I'm tilting my head or adopting some strange postures to take a better look at someone's watch...
I hope it doesn't get any worse than this!
Hah, so true! Sometimes it drives me nuts and I just want to tell them to keep still so I can see what it is!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just fill in the blanks: My name is ---------, and I am a WIS. I have been since I was --------. The first time I had a watch was --------. After a while I found myself unable to go through a day, then an hour or even 1/2 hour without looking at someone's watch or wondering what kind so and so had. I have not reached the top/bottom yet and I am on a quest to be able to recognize more and more brands at first sight.
I can not live without watches...

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I like to notice nice watches but it isn't the first thing I use to make an assessment on a person.
If someone did a search on your posts the lack of consistency is truly vomit inducing. I cannot stand disingenuous people.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Not Brüno from Austria?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts