WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 7.5" wrists and I've been wearing my GXW-56-1B Atomic King since it came in three weeks ago, non stop. I took it off and decided to wear my GA-100... I took that off and put the King back on.

Somehow the GA-100 seems to tiny and light compared to the King. I don't think I could wear any other G's now... The King has ruined me! But a good kind of ruin... Guess I'll have to buy an army green and orange one if I can find it.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Maybe its just a phase you're having?

I know I wouldn't be able to settle just with one watch... :-d

Variety is the spice of life and what keeps us collecting and Casio in the business lol :)

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I agree with Crater. You may find that your mood will change from time to time, or... that this one model will speak to you so loudly as to dominate over all others from this time forward. I've seen some people buy a G-Shock that they realize is the one they've long sought after and then sell pretty much the rest of their G-Shock collection as a result. And then others who just love having a diversity of choices for any occasion or whim. So, don't jump the gun... enjoy the watch and see what happens. :-!

Btw, I also have a 7.5" wrist. I tried on the King and it fit... but it felt too bulky for what I like. Yet that's me; I'm a little more conservative. The other thing is that functionally it kind of disappointed me. I was also expecting larger digits scaled to the size of the watch. And given how the Rangeman looks, I'm glad I held off. ;-)

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
It just takes time to readjust. After wearing my GW-5000 almost non-stop few weeks, I found wearing my Seiko Tuna heavy and cumbersome on the wrist. I couldn't wear my beloved Tuna can watch. It just felt unnatural. A few days later, however, I'm wearing it again.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Love the kings! I do enjoy diversity on the g-shocks, and have a few.

For me my goto "adventure" watch is my army king.

uploadfromtaptalk1381600410090.jpg

My goto "good mood" watch is my orange king

uploadfromtaptalk1381600350987.jpg

And the black one was my 2nd G-Shock purchase, and I really enjoy having in rotation.

Whether it's a "phase" as mentioned before or it's your one and only like Piowa I can only encourage your enjoyment of the king! Great watch and wear it in good health! :beer:

sent with aloha

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean about an hour after posting this thread I bought a GX-56GB-1 off kijiji in excellent shape which will now be my beater and work watch and save my beastly GXW-56-1B.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the kings! I do enjoy diversity on the g-shocks, and have a few.

For me my goto "adventure" watch is my army king.

View attachment 1249152

My goto "good mood" watch is my orange king

View attachment 1249151

And the black one was my 2nd G-Shock purchase, and I really enjoy having in rotation.

Whether it's a "phase" as mentioned before or it's your one and only like Piowa I can only encourage your enjoyment of the king! Great watch and wear it in good health! :beer:

sent with aloha
I'm really liking the army green king the more I see it. I'd like to pick up an orange too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts