WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
been recently shopping for the Dark side of the moon. i was told yesterday that OMEGA Authorized Dealers aren't discounting their watches anymore. that means i will have to pay full retail (and it's not a good feeling).
however i found a big outlet that has my watch for 26% discount (we're talking 3K less than retail), yet their watches don't come with warranty cards.
should i take the risk and go for it or pay full retail for a peace of mind?.

Cheers

Reactions: Jlcast

·
Registered
207 Posts
Aren’t Omega warranties transferable?
ie if the watch is new, where is the warranty card?

I’m not a “frequent buyer” so I’m not familiar…just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discounts are still possible and many are still getting them so first i would check with another AD (many WUS have solid references), buying a new watch without card is not advisable even if it is legit

·
Registered
745 Posts
hi
been recently shopping for the Dark side of the moon. i was told yesterday that OMEGA Authorized Dealers aren't discounting their watches anymore. that means i will have to pay full retail (and it's not a good feeling).
however i found a big outlet that has my watch for 26% discount (we're talking 3K less than retail), yet their watches don't come with warranty cards.

Cheers
3k can cover for 4 to 6 Omega services so i wouldn't be too bothered by that. Question is, do you get any warranty from the AD itself? Maybe they have their own service that covers warranty requests up to 2 years from purchase?

Reactions: NE_Colour_U_Like

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I've seen DSoM show up with a few £1,000 off in AD sales here in the UK, so I wouldn't be panicked into a deal that may have some red flags.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
hi

Cheers
Try chrono24 or sellers from here.
At least 25% new with warranty card is doable

·
Premium Member
Rolex YG Sub, MG Green/Black, DSSD JC, SD43 Mk I, PAM176, 1305, Omega PP, SeaMaster300, MoonPhase
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Even with warranty, it's risky to buy an Omega. For EU customers that is. The SC is horrible

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Aren’t Omega warranties transferable?
ie if the watch is new, where is the warranty card?

I’m not a “frequent buyer” so I’m not familiar…just curious.

He found one from a grey market seller, and more often than not, they don't come with a manufacturers warranty. They usually come with the seller's warranty which is garbage.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Even with warranty, it's risky to buy an Omega. For EU customers that is. The SC is horrible
SC = service centre?

Really is it that bad?
I’m contemplating a Seamaster but that makes me think twice.

·
Registered
745 Posts
SC = service centre?

Really is it that bad?

Don't let a random internet comment put you off a great watch.

·
Registered
207 Posts
He found one from a grey market seller, and more often than not, they don't come with a manufacturers warranty. They usually come with the seller's warranty which is garbage.
What I don’t understand is…if the warranty is global and transferable, shouldn’t the watch still come with the warranty?

Unless we’re talking about a BNIB that has been sitting on a shelf for ~5y?

·
Registered
125 Posts
SC = service centre?

Really is it that bad?

Yes, the Swatch service centre in Brussels.
I've had multiple bad experiences with them on my AT and I know at least 5 others with the same bad experience.
No more Omega for me sadly...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Why not buy a lightly used second hand watch with most of the warranty remaining? Plenty of those around.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, the Swatch service centre in Brussels.
I've had multiple bad experiences with them on my AT and I know at least 5 others with the same bad experience.
No more Omega for me sadly...
Unless you need to service the watch during warranty period for a full cost coverage, there's a lot of great watchmakers out there that would service or repair your Omega watch for a cheaper price than Omega itself...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Unless you need to service the watch during warranty period for a full cost coverage, there's a lot of great watchmakers out there that would service or repair your Omega watch for a cheaper price than Omega itself...
True, but it was done during warranty

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
No warranty card meaning you are buying it from gray market?

Tough choice but I would rather have it for full price from AD.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts