WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is it time to service my Seiko?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Paperclip 
#1 · (Edited)
I've noticed that my Seiko Spirit SCVS009 stops earlier when fully wound compared to my other watches. Fully wound and worn for about eight hours, it can stop within 24 hours. Sometimes it does last longer.

It gains about 4 seconds a day, which I think is normal. I've looked at the movement through its exhibition back, swirled its rotor, and found that it doesn't move as quickly as my Hamilton.

With a light twist of the wrist, the rotor on my Hamilton does cartwheels. My Seiko's rotor, on the other hand, needs to be shaken a bit more for the rotor to complete its trip around the movement.

I did buy my Seiko used, so do you guys think that I should have it looked at?

I don't trust the local jewelers around my area -- there's a ton of them who say they offer professional service -- because the one I've dealt with regularly manhandles my watches just to replace the straps.

What do you guys think? And can you recommend a good place online for Seiko servicing? Or should I have it sent to the Seiko service center in the U.S. or Japan?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.