WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 41 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's a shame, cause that's a helluva watch, but it does look a bit too large for you. Tudor looks good. Don't trip about the Tudor.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Way too big and so is the tudor. For my tastes. Go to a 40 max and you'll be set.

Reactions: Fahoo Forays

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I’d go at least 4mm smaller than that.

·
Premium Member
39,645 Posts
IMHO, downsize slightly…..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love the watch but it seems a bit oversized to me……
IWC is not friendly with small wrist right? :(
Its not just IWC, its all companies. However "vintage" (older) IWC 39mm would probably fit your wrist quite nicely and IMO. they're better looking. :coffee: cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
According to the watch companies big watches are so hot right now. So, go big or go home!

Also never understand how folks are constantly saying “that watch is too big for you” but GShocks exist with reckless abandon.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This is a question you ask before you buy, not after. As long as you are happy it is entirely up to you. Even if the majority of answers say it is too big what can you do? I think it is OK and you probably always wanted an IWC watch anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 6inch wrist and I also came to the realization that I cannot wear most of IWC watches. Your can try the Portuguese small second 40mm and Chronograph.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
IMHO......It's too big but you seem to have small wrists and like watches that are "biggish" for your size wrist. Which means you should just go with it and wear watches that are too big.

·
Premium Member
13,685 Posts
Looks like you've got a skinny wrist, like me.

When you're small wristed, you can wear larger diameter watches, but you have to be particular about the length (lug-to-lug) of the watch.

I've got 43mm watches that I can wear without a problem (short/curved lugs), yet a 38mm watch overhangs my wrist, if the lugs are too pronounced.

Hopefully, this will help you decide in future.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I love the watch but it seems a bit oversized to me……
IWC is not friendly with small wrist right? :(
It IS big, however I think the photo angle needs to take half the blame here. You have put the camera way too close to the watch. It seems like the lower lugs are right at edge of the wrist and upper lugs WAAAY OUT, but they aren't. The upper lugs are roughly at edge too, but since the camera capture point is too close, it looks like the lugs stick out a lot.

If I'm not mistaken, the IWC lugs stick out pretty much just as much as your tudor situation, don't they? 1mm extra, tops.

21 - 41 of 75 Posts