WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
It all depends on you. For me, the IWC seems too big. The Tudor is fine.

Also, best to look in the mirror from other's point of view, instead of your point of view down at your wrist. Most jewelry/watch stores have table top mirrors that you can use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks all, I think 39mm should be my prefect size.
Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Computer keyboard

sad I really love the Portuguese 7:(:(
Maybe try pilot 36 next time, how about that?

·
Registered
931 Posts
To gauge size properly, you need to put the watch on and then stand in front of a full-length mirror and decide how it looks. Your overall physique has everything to do with how the watch works for you.

BTW, I used to own a Portugieser Automatic, and I loved lots of things about it, but in the end it was too "chunky" for my taste, and even though it was equipped with the current, twin barrel movement, it kept time poorly. I still have mixed feelings about letting it go, though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks all, I think 39mm should be my prefect size. View attachment 16172100
sad I really love the Portuguese 7:(:(
Maybe try pilot 36 next time, how about that?
That's looking more sensible (in my opinion). If you really like the look of the Portugieser Auto, you might try the Portugieser 40 - it's got many of the classic design cues (applied numerals, railroad minute track etc). but in a slightly more wearable size.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
To gauge size properly, you need to put the watch on and then stand in front of a full-length mirror and decide how it looks. Your overall physique has everything to do with how the watch works for you.
That works if the watch is primarily a fashion accessory for others to admire, but if you are wearing it for yourself and it looks too big when you look down at your wrist, it's too big for you.

·
Registered
931 Posts
That works if the watch is primarily a fashion accessory for others to admire, but if you are wearing it for yourself and it looks too big when you look down at your wrist, it's too big for you.
Fair point.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This question comes up a lot. Here is my take. As you guys mentioned, there are 2 aspects. What matters to wearer and how others see your watch?

If someone is asking, then I assume they are OK or borderline with the size. But they are not sure what others think. Thus the question for others' input and validation. And seeing the watch from other's point of view can help.

If they are not good with the size to begin with, they won't ask. And for those who don't care what others think, they won't ask either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Get a gold capped tooth, lose your belt, and wear some Yeezy’s, and your good to go!

Seriously, wear whatever you want.
If I were paid to give you fashion advice, I would recommend a 36-38 mm watch, maximum.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
taking a picture from an Angle is a not a good way to determine the fit . the lugs will definitely look like they're hanging off the side of the wrist.. besides, a close-up shot always makes it even look BIGGER.

here's an example for you.
yeah. looks too big here

but much better in this picture .
also as mentioned already. you should look at the watch from a distance. like in front of a full Mirror.

i didn't make these rules. but i follow them with my decision. and if those rules don't apply to you?. then you should look at watches between 38 to 40mm Max.

lastly. give OMEGA a try. no doubt they make great quality Tickers..
the other thing i like about their Design is that most of their watches come with shorter Lugs = very wearable.

best of luck with your decision

Reactions: time+tide

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Awkward shot angle, but it looks like you have the wrist for it. It won't come across elegantly (which is the whole point of the design), but technically, it does fit your wrist.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts